What's up with Turtle wax ICE?

Brian P

This crap:

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,1

I tried it out on the Camaro. It applies easy, being a thin clear gel. It said it should haze in 3-5 minutes.... well it doesn't like you'd think a wax would. This was done yesterday, it was 80 degrees out. I tried buffing it after letting the wax sit for 7 minutes and it wouldn't come off! The way it WAS coming off was with extreme pressure. It acted and looked like I was waxing the paint with armor all or something grease. WTF ??? Anyone else try it? The results do look good once it's actually buffed, gives a nice deep shine, but it's insane to get off.

jesus christ i just put that shit on today and thought it was just me! i let it sit in the sun for 25 minutes and it still wouldn't come off. i didn't understand why everyone is raving about it. i did though follow it up with the turtle wax super hard shell. or whatever and that was 18 times better.

i put it on my z34 a couple weeks ago and it looked fantastic, my dad has even decided to use it on his vette now. after a couple uses, havent had any problems like you are saying. each time i used it i had just washed the car and they were 90ish degree days in Va. thats weird that some would have great results and some super poor.

I did a quick google search and people are having problems with "streaking". That's the issue I had. The bulk of the excess would wipe off, and it would FEEL smooth, but it looks like the excess was still there. The remedy was to wipe everything down with a damp microfiber, wait, then re-buff. It definetly does look good especially on dark colors, but I also read that it lasts a week max.

Turtle Wax® ICE™ is a clear wax formulated with completely new technology that blends silicone and hydrocarbon polymers to provide extraordinary shine and durability.

um.... isn't that a fancy word for OIL?

Anything made by Turtle Wax is HORRID

pretty much.

zaino polish can take hours to dry completely, but if done in the sun on a hot dry day, it only takes minutes. that stuff sounds like shit

I've only used this stuff once and it was on my friend's Z28. It was sunny out but also like 6:30-7pm a couple summers ago. It seemed to come off not TOO hard. IIRC it was a bitch to remove.

i heard they have come a long ways. the last thing i put on was like a 12 month protectant. the Hard shell stuff. went on easy. came off easy. as long as i have something on for winter in don't care.

just can't go thru the touchless car washes now.

I love that stuff! Trick is, you can't take it off with a buffer or orbital, only by hand. And even if it says it's ok to do in the sun, its 10x easier if you do it in the shade.

I use armor all detailer's advantage. i don't think they make it any more, but i bought a case of it a few years ago.

i've tried several other waxes. but no off-the-shelf wax compares, imo.

it takes a bit of elbow grease to remove if you let it cook too long, but always leaves a fantastic shine and beads forever.

They call it a polish, but the directions make it more like a wax, plus it doesn't have anything that polish has, like any sort of compounding action or defect removal. It really is like spraying the paint with WD40 or something.