miles

hell_raiser

it's certainly not great mpg

Werd...it's a little below average.

Do you drive mostly in the city? If yes...then thats why. WOuldnt kill for a tuneup since your last thread said you have what 184k?

that's barely more than my jimmy got, and i have no idea how old the plugs and junk were. you should be getting at least about 20 i would think, if the engine is running fairly well

that's barely more than my jimmy got, and i have no idea how old the plugs and junk were. you should be getting at least about 20 i would think, if the engine is running fairly well

It's running well, he doms ricers. :cool: Just playin....Was your Jimmy a 4.3? I remember moms old Blazer wasnt too bad on gas.

well i pay'd 300 for her and changed the lattural link (pain in the ass had to drop the tank) inspected and drives good - gas

Real confused here....drives good? You said your trans is going out in the other thread LOL! W-body.com rules tonight! :lol:

yeah, vortec 4.3, had it for almost a year (just traded it for the TGP a few weeks ago), all I did in that year was one oil change, a new alternator, new tensioner pulley, and replaced the fuesable link that I blew up when replacing the alternator with the batter still connected (im retarded, I know :lol: ). always started after about three times turning over

yeah, vortec 4.3, had it for almost a year (just traded it for the TGP a few weeks ago), all I did in that year was one oil change, a new alternator, new tensioner pulley, and replaced the fuesable link that I blew up when replacing the alternator with the batter still connected (im retarded, I know :lol: ). always started after about three times turning over

LOL Nice job. Oh well I'm sure you are happier with the TGP.

Heads Up Display....and km and miles are easy to convert when not odd numbers lol. That car of yours is fucked! Man, alot of shit went wrong in a matter of minutes haha.

what lol

kms to miles is a pain in the ass btw i think my filler neck is leaking

No, how did you come up with 17MPG? Did you do the math yourself, or do you have a DIC or something?

Your profile says '95 Cutlass Supreme, I can't remember if those ever had a DIC option.

• 4 weeks later...

filler neck fixed rear, subframe swaped, trans dead and thats it its all fixed now - the trans iv been workin my hole off

Let me get this straight... you changed the rear sub frame, but still had to drop the tank to swap out the lateral link... :thinking: talk about finding the hardest way to do something...

17mpg isn't great...on the other hand, in your other thread you said your 18, if you drive it like you stole it, like I did at that age, then your MPG suits your driving habits.

Jamie

What gallons are you using. If i use US gallons to convert, then i get about 19ish MPG with my 3.4 cutlass. If i use imperial gallons, then i get around 24 - 25 ish MPG. Its the same milage, just a US gallon is 3.78 Litres and imperial is 4.54 Litres.

Also, how are you checking your milage? The way i've tested mine is to fill the tank right to the top (until the gas is right at the top of filler, basically about to overflow) and then reset the trip meter and drive it. Then next time i've filled up, i fill it right back to the top, then convert the KM to miles, and the Litres to Gallons. Then divide the number of miles i've driven by the number of gallons that i put in and voila. This will give you the Truest MPG calculation, as you are filling up with the exact same ammount of fuel.

What i'm getting at here is that if you fill up until the pump stops, then you drive and you fill up at another station, the pump might stop a lot later than the last one did and give you the illusion that your milage is a lot lower than it actually is. And Vice Versa.

Also, how are you checking your milage? The way i've tested mine is to fill the tank right to the top (until the gas is right at the top of filler, basically about to overflow) and then reset the trip meter and drive it. Then next time i've filled up, i fill it right back to the top,

X2

The DIC in my GP is usually off by about 1-2 mpg, so yeah like you said above, that is the only accurate way to determine mileage.

Shit...............when I used to live in the country, I got 10-12mpg all the time.

Of course, my trips to work were a 3 mile World Rally stage on gravel, followed by a 12 mile visit to the top speed governor :lol:

Now on long trips............

17.0 mpg at a steady 100mph

14.5 mpg at a steady 110mph

Gotta love interstates 80, 76 and 70 in NE, CO and UT :mrgreen:

yup i go throu tires like mad too becuse of it lol. this 3100 shreds em. note! when i did it it was always strait lol no blown diff for me :lol:

ah i used a program to convert them.

as for the link well idid that to get the car from where it was to where i live. i didnt have a truck to take the new sebframe there in plus the lack off tools there.