Elemental Designs eDead (Sound Dampener)

xtremerevolution

Yes, definately apply it to the doors. Less flex and vibration is a good thing! In a sense, that's mainly how sound deadener works- it weigh's down the panels, so there is less movement.

oh, I did.

it sucks.

my original courtesy hold broke and the replacement will not hold the heavy ass doors open.

wish I hadnt done it now because it is useless in making it sound better. my door pods are not using the door as an enclosure, they are acoustically sealed. meaning all sound comes out of the cone area and straight into the car. they are high range mids.

High range mids? Isnt that an oxymoron?

Its not all about speakers so dont be mistaken.

Sound dampening will also block out unwanted road noise, which detracts from a cars overall SQ when talking audio (while in motion of course).

I need to do up my Alero and intend on it this winter providing I can find a warm place to do it (no garage SUCKS). Second skin all the WAY.

there is no road noise from the doors. they are just heavy and bruise my legs when I am not looking.

and yes, high range mids. 4 inch highrange mids from my 3-way components from JL audio.

they have no bass and no tweet.

damn good point, I need to silicone inject my door seals!!!!!!!!

well odd is ok. I can live with that.

If my views are flawed then I can take constructive opinions and better myself that way.

kind of like when I thought I was doing something to help acoustically with sound deadener and found my thinking to be quite flawed.

I wish someone had told me not to do that. I feel dumb for spending money on a product that only weighs down my car. I feel that way about the MDF in my enclosure too. even the sub. it weighs over 50 lbs.

I bought a boston spg555 sub for the other car so I could build a solid fiberglass pod for it and have high performance/light weight all at once.

it weighs 26 lbs, about half as much as a w-7 and is close to the same performance.

I think what it comes down to is my way of thinking has not quite caught on with the masses.

Well all the sound dampening works off the basis of mass loading a panel.

It is what it is.

Add the sound dampening and stop eating at the fat burgers...

Even so, does it make that big of a weight difference? I've already concluded that my car will not run 14's...probably ever (unless I get an L67 swapped, which probably isn't going to happen). This ED stuff is pretty light, and even though reviews said it sucked and so forth, I have yet to see a single bit of it start peeling off of my trunk lid, and based only on trunk lid installation, I noticed a considerable decrease in road noise from the rear of the car. Shit might have bad reviews and the owner of ED might be an asshole, but eDead is dirt cheap, doesn't weigh much, and at least in my case, made a definite noticeable difference.

I only do things that will help. focus on those and ignore the retarded shit that wastes my time.

and I need all the help I can get. I weigh 285 pounds and 6 foot 8" tall. and I own a burger joint. I eat tripple cheeseburgers with bacon all the time. aint no thing but a chicken wing on a string bud! Its not the weight of the driver, its the weight of the car that matters.

the only way Ill use that stick on ashphalt stuff anymore is on my gas tank because the stock stuff always peels off.

Well how much did the box weigh when you got it?

Weight doesnt matter to me. Quality is what matters. Theres a reason why people double layer their stuff... The more, the better. To an extent!

Well how much did the box weigh when you got it?

Weight doesnt matter to me. Quality is what matters. Theres a reason why people double layer their stuff... The more, the better. To an extent!

120 square feet of eDead weighs 36 pounds shipped. I still have at least 90 square feet left from that box, and at least another 20 square feet left from my previous order of 40. God knows why I bought so much of this stuff.

oh god! let me put this in little kid terms for you.

think of a car, a vehicle as a childrens bicycle. remember when you rode a huffy and it sucked because it was so heavy?

same concept.

You dont have to dumb it down for me, I understand these concepts. They are simple to grasp.

The mat adds weight. Thats what its SUPPOSED TO DO. Thats what keeps the panels from resonating, which means vibrating. Thats what the term "Mass Loading" means, FYI. Without the weight, without it being attached permanently and over every surface, there is no mass loading. The more you use, the better the results.

Hopefully I got thru to your brain. It seems like an ever impossible task with an argument at every turn...

you are trying to justify your actions. I understand. you will soon hate yourself for doing that though.

many think that by cutting corners and purchasing a cheap sub thats inadequate then building a giant 1 inch thick mdf box with a giant rectangular port, because they think it will make up for that somehow, then they gotta use stick on panel loaders. doing two or three wrongs does not make a right.

just buy 1 nice neodymium sub that uses 1 cubic foot of airspace sealed and that will be all you need. its 2007, the technology is there for you to use so if you can get big bass without totalling your car why not do it and pay attention to the details, and not just one.

besides all that, foam is the ultimate resonance absorber. thats what they use in studio rooms. and silicone in the trunk seal will stop more vibration than

50 pounds of that crap.

I'm going to rip off the stuff I have on my trunk lid and seal up my trunk seals with silocone and I'll let you know if I can tell a difference. If I can't, I'll just put some of it back, since I overloaded the trunk with it anyway.

There really won't be much of a difference. Using expanding foam in between your panels or using sound deadener is really the same concept- It limits the movement and vibration of the panels.

Either way works, it's just up to the person to decide which is best.

you are trying to justify your actions. I understand. you will soon hate yourself for doing that though.

many think that by cutting corners and purchasing a cheap sub thats inadequate then building a giant 1 inch thick mdf box with a giant rectangular port, because they think it will make up for that somehow, then they gotta use stick on panel loaders. doing two or three wrongs does not make a right.

just buy 1 nice neodymium sub that uses 1 cubic foot of airspace sealed and that will be all you need. its 2007, the technology is there for you to use so if you can get big bass without totalling your car why not do it and pay attention to the details, and not just one.

besides all that, foam is the ultimate resonance absorber. thats what they use in studio rooms. and silicone in the trunk seal will stop more vibration than

50 pounds of that crap.

Im not justifying any actions, its simple facts here bub...

Your whole analogy on cheap sub with whatever is hilarious. Honestly did you get laughed out of school? It makes no sense, none!

Sure foam wedges at 60 degree angles is the best sound absorption out there. It cancels out all the waves by bouncing them into each other. I helped build a testing machine for JBL that utilized these. Trouble is behind your door panel, behind your carpet- it dont do squat. The mats work off a difference principle, mass loading. It transforms the sound energy into heat.