bose, monsoon or regular?

89SupremeCutty

im gonna get a new radio, a cd player, for the lumi and i want to stay stock. i like the fact that the bose and monsoons radios have factory amps and probly better speakers than stock. what i was wondering is if i got a factory amp for a bose or monsoon and the speakers, would it be worth it to do all that? or am i just better off sticking with the stock cd player?

i think it would be just as expensive to do that than to buy aftermarket speakers and amp. building your own system gives you unlimited tuning and choices, so thats the route i would go.

yeah.

I got a Kenwood Headunit for sale. Also have the SIRIUS satelite Radio tuner for it. I'll even give you the antenna adapter and clip adapter.

I'll post them if your interested.

I got a Kenwood Headunit for sale. Also have the SIRIUS satelite Radio tuner for it. I'll even give you the antenna adapter and clip adapter.

I'll post them if your interested.

I'm interested in the SIRIUS tuner, lemme know.

Factory Bose shit is downright terrible. Bose sucks in general, and their automotive stuff is no different.

The Monsoon system (Regal, Trans Am, etc.) is mediocre at best.

Don't waste your time.

for the average person it's decent for factory stuff..but as mentioned it's not THAT great.

well i guess i'll stick to a factory cd player then. i just don't feel like cutting wires and things like that. i lost an awsome poineer premier head unit that rocked in my grand am. it seriously made a huge difference in sound from the alpine that was in it. probly in the future i'll end up getting a high end aftermarket cd player. as far as sirius goes, i already got it. bought it off my girlfriend cause she didn't listen to it much.

You wont need to cut any wires. Get a wire harness for your car, wire it up to the headunit and plug it right where the factory one was plugged in.

This guy is wrong. Your gonna have to cut every wire under your dash to replace that stock radio. It's a lot work. He just kidding about that clip, they don't really exist. ha ha......... :mrgreen:

lol. i've gone through about 8 vehicles since i was 16. im now 20 and i've put many stereos in my former vehicles. i was just curious if it was even worth the trouble and i can see that it isn't. i was curious about them cause i like the stock look.

You wont need to cut any wires. Get a wire harness for your car, wire it up to the headunit and plug it right where the factory one was plugged in.

This guy is wrong. Your gonna have to cut every wire under your dash to replace that stock radio. It's a lot work. He just kidding about that clip, they don't really exist. ha ha......... :mrgreen:

??

lol. i've gone through about 8 vehicles since i was 16. im now 20 and i've put many stereos in my former vehicles. i was just curious if it was even worth the trouble and i can see that it isn't. i was curious about them cause i like the stock look.

I'm with you on that note. I like the factory look and some factory systems can sound great ( for my taste anyway ). I don't enter sound comps and whatnot, I just like a good decent sound. I'm sure I'd change my mind if I heard an awesomely built system, but everything that I've heard aftermarket is all bass.. there's more to music than bass. All I have in my car now is Eclipse speakers all around and an Alpine head unit and its good enough for my tastes.