3.4 DOHC spark plugs

NORBI

Today i was changing spark plugs with my friend on his 92 CS Int with 3.4 DOHC, and after we changed wires and plugs car didnt want to start. I think its that we connected a wrong wire to a wrong plug on a distributor. Can anyone tell me how they go and which one is which. I have a book but it only tells about 96 DOHC which is different. ANy help would be greately appreciated here. Thaks a lot guys.

the only thing's that are different between 92 and 96's ignition desighn is the location of the coil packs.... nothing more..... the coil packs should be marked, here is the order of the cylenders....

rear bank

1 - 3 - 5

2 - 4 - 6

front bank

THats what the book sayed about the cylinders but i cant see the markings on the coil because its on the front of the engine, well i try to figure something out, but i need to say that in 96 they did a good thing changing the place of the coil.

Thanks

Going by memory here, but the plug wires should be paired like this:

1-4, 2-5, 3-6.

As far as which coil is which, I don't remember... I'd have to look, and I'm at work right now so I can't.

I really need help with this. I tried almost every combinationg with the spark plugs on the coil and car still doesnt want to start. I checked for a spark and i have one so coil and plugs are good but it sounds like it wants to start but cant. Can anyone plz check their plugs where they go on the coil because i spend 3 days on it and nothing. Again its a 92 CS Int with 3.4 DOHC, and Chilton book is wrong about placement of the cylinders because they say that cylinder 1 is really a cylinder 2 and their markings on the coil are much different then on the coil itself. PLZ HELP anyone with 3.4 DOHC.

Thanks a lot for your help, i couldnt figure it out why all the books show it differently but if you have it that way and it works that means it must be the right way. I did that way according to the coild and car still doesnt start. Before we took out plugs and wires car started without a problem and now doesnt want to start at all, i know it floods the plugs each time it doesnt start and i dry them and it feels like wants to start for a second but just turns over, so what might be the problem, i checked coil and i have a spark so now i am getting clueless whats wrong with it.

Did you maybe accidentally unplug one of the connectors on the ignition module?

Did you feel a "snap" when you pushed the plug wire boot onto the plug? If not, maybe it's not pushed on tight enough.

If you have a timing light, make sure all coils are still good. Sometimes a coil will die after you've worked on something. I found out the hard way, after I changed head gaskets and drove 1 block, a coil went bad. I thought I messed up on the head gaskets! I drove the car around like that a month because I was SURE I messed up somewhere. I pulled the plugs to see which gasket was bad, and I noticed the fouled plugs on one coil, so I replaced it and all was fine.

Yea i feel a snap when i put the plugs on the coil, and all of them give a spark, i am starting to think that it might be not plugs anymore and something else could go wrong during the process. I will check the coil one more time. THanks again.

Thanks a lot guys for your help we started the car today, what was wrong with it somebody when installed the coil mixed the number on it and that confused us, but then we compared it to 3 books and then we made a conclusion that coils were in a wrong place so we numbers were mixed up, and when we connected the cables right it almost started and that ended up to be a flooded engine and when we dried it up it started up.

Thanks again guys for your help.

PS. CHilton book has a misteake in it because it shows a cylinder 1 on the front bank and really is on the back.