New exhaust! Question.

19Cutlass94

Resonator or no?

I wanna get some opinions on this one... please?

Just to let you know, Ill be getting 2.5" mandral bent 304 stainless steel exhaust, high flow cat and dual dynomax mufflers.

Yes they do, but if you choose open mufflers, it's gonna be pretty loud.

I say do it without. If you don't like it, add them on.

I know Matt(loudcut) ended up adding a resonator/glasspack to his system to quiet it down.

What about rasp? What is the best way to kill rasp?

I have my cammed 3500, 2.5" back, no cat, dual 2.5" aerochambers... it sounds great but rasps like crazy over 3k....

was thinking of a dynomax bullet muffler as a resonator?

• 3 weeks later...

My exhaust is LOUD. Mine is 2.5" pipe into a S/S Carsound Highflow Cat to (1) Magnaflow Highflow Alumnizied single 2.5" inlet to dual 2.25" outlets to chromed tips.

I NEED a resonator to control the rasp. Where do I install the resonator for my car? Right after the Cat?

yes after the cat.

I could care less about the rasp.. its just that its tooo damn loud!!!!! I just ordered an 18" resonator, so hopefully this will bring it down to a reasonable level

My exhaust is LOUD. Mine is 2.5" pipe into a S/S Carsound Highflow Cat to (1) Magnaflow Highflow Alumnizied single 2.5" inlet to dual 2.25" outlets to chromed tips.

I NEED a resonator to control the rasp. Where do I install the resonator for my car? Right after the Cat?

do you have a pic of said exhaust? what muffler did you use and where is it installed?

do you have a pic of said exhaust? what muffler did you use and where is it installed?

I did post a vid up before and I also thought I had some pic too. I'll link them below. I had exhaust built from a shop that did this GTP supercharged. I sounded nice and was setup like mine. I went the next week and had them do mine. Strange setup but was very nice gain in torque. I'm gonna paint the entire setup matte black. The string on the bumpers was from when they tied the cans to my car on my wedding day. I've gotten too lazy to get under the car to cut them off, been almost a year now. ha ha

VID:

th_MVI_7413.jpg

PICS:

th_IMG_7403-1.jpg

th_IMG_7361-1.jpg

th_IMG_7407-1.jpg

th_IMG_7409-1.jpg

th_IMG_7402-1.jpg