"Wouldn't it suck if the Lumina's transmission died?" 56k=FAIL

White93z34

car is at the alignment shop right now, with all the stuff i replaced on the front end it tossed my alignment WAY out the window, should have it back after work tomorrow, so far it is driving excellent. the swap was a total PITA overall, but far worth it IMO.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White93z34

• 5speedz34

• stockgp

• slick

lets see here.... finding the parts was the first challenge what i can remember....

about $600 between 2 284s and mostly complete swap setups, with a brand new clutch thrown in.

$285 for a new slave cyl

$20 for a bracket

$15 for front engine mount bracket

$25 in syncromesh

$30 for new axle seals

$25 for a shifter, boot, etc, and 2 perfect shift cables

so whatever that is plus what i have forgotten, so yeah too much.

dude that is fuckin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and btw....you scraped your front bumper already!?!?!?!?!

He was hit IIRC.

The car is far from getting completely done.

LOL a ton closer that the WTF 218WHP car!!!

You're an idiot Chris, I wasn't being an ass, but I was letting people know Chris will never has his car done.

so, where are you guys when i am working on the tgp 5 speed swap? you're not that far from me.

well you are in weirton right? i think thats only about 1.5 hours from me, and even closer to my work, if you need a hand let me know.

Nice man.

congrats

how long did that take?

thanks alot adam, it took just over a month, would have been about a month exactly if i hadn't spent a week messing with a busted slave cyl.

i was only kidding. but i always welcome help. beer and pizza is always on me.

couple questions, though. don't laugh.

what's syncromesh? and what's this 6 buck grommet you're talking about?

syncromesh is the fluid that the 282/284 uses, my manual states 2.1 quarts, i have heard that the 282 can benefit from being slightly overfull.

on the clutch master cyl there is an eyelet that the clutch pedal connects to, there is a one time use plastic grommet that you have to replace. part number# 14091384, GM list on it is $6.89

• 1 month later...

Yep, I got to drive it also. The 3.4 behind a 5 speed is much different than behind an auto. BTW, damn the Lumina seats for not being able to go up all the way. My short ass legs could barely press the clutch pedal enough!

Yep, I got to drive it also. The 3.4 behind a 5 speed is much different than behind an auto. BTW, damn the Lumina seats for not being able to go up all the way. My short ass legs could barely press the clutch pedal enough!

AHAHHAHA!