Total loss of boost?

tgpguy21

i would put a boost guage on the vaccume line for your wastegate and it should read pos. pressure or vaccume. that will tell you if its a vaccume problem. of you lose vac/pressure after first on the guage then you can start hunting that down. if its a wastegate problem i am not sure how to trouble shoot except feeding it some Pos. Air pressure and see if the accuator moves (air compressor might do the job)

RedZ

my tgp is pushing out 5 lbs of boost through first and after that is has nothing? could it be a waste gate prob? vacum line? and help would be much appreciated. :(

Could be several things. You need to check to make sure that your wastegate solenoid is plugged in. You need to check all your vacuum lines from the turbo outlet, to the solenoid to the actuator. Typically lines being off here will cause overboost, but a non working solenoid will cause a lack of boost.

Make sure all the lines on top of the throttle body haven't come off. Also is there a check engine light illuminated?

Did you check your air filter? I know it sound werid, but my TurboSTE was doing the same thing soon after I got it and I was using the stock air filter. The car was making no boost or power...out of the blue, and once I removed the air filter (and drove around for a SHORT time), it was tons better. Then I bought the K&N cone filter and it was even better!!

Jason

• 4 weeks later...

Let me get this right....all of the sudden you have NO boost?

Check to make sure the wastegate actuator rod didn't rust or fall off. This would cause your wastegate to blow wide open with minimum exhaust backpressure, resulting in no boost.