Tirerack problem

wickb55

I have an olds with standard tires that are P215/60R16. on tirerack it says that the size tires i should have on my cutlass are 225/60R. is tirerack just wrong?

I have an olds with standard tires that are P215/60R16. on tirerack it says that the size tires i should have on my cutlass are 225/60R. is tirerack just wrong?

I think the deal there is it's harder to find 215's than it is 225's. At least in my experience. Both are fine for your car though.

I think the deal there is it's harder to find 215's than it is 225's. At least in my experience. Both are fine for your car though.

Just because tirerack says it doesn't mean that it's true. If you want to know what really should be on the car look on the inside of the trunk lid or the spare tire cover.

they arent always 100% correct so its best to do what Robby said.

ive also always hated how they never list a 114.3mm bolt pattern to fit our cars, its less than a mm dammit!!!

well if 225's will fit the factory 16inch wheels then i have no prob. going a little wider. I just want to be sure there will be no problems with putting on 225's when my car now has 215's

• 2 weeks later...

my 92 cutlass Int' came stock with 225's

my 1989 cutlass came stock with the gayest rims evar. with 215s on them if i remember correctly