@#%^$%^$#$ STRUT NUT

GP1138

Goddamned fucking shit. The fucking top of the strut is stripped out, thanks to shitty design. How the fuck am I supposed to get the Goddamned nut off? I'm doing this because the fucking mount broke and this is the only thing stopping me from replacing it. :bash: :bash:

I guess I'll have to use an impact tomorrow or something. :bash:

Goddamned fucking shit. The fucking top of the strut is stripped out, thanks to shitty design. How the fuck am I supposed to get the Goddamned nut off? I'm doing this because the fucking mount broke and this is the only thing stopping me from replacing it. :bash: :bash:

That torx bit on the top that attaches the mount to the strut??

That torx bit on the top that attaches the mount to the strut??

No - but the piece that broke off the mount is still on the strut, and I have to remove the nut to put the new mount on the strut anyway.

6mm hex head in the center of the shaft, and a wrench to turn the nut.

I repeat what I said on the phone. a vice grip could grab the top three inches of the shaft,(never grab where the shaft can penetrate the lower portion of the strut, or you'll cause it to leak) and a wrench or socket can turn the nut.

FALSE!!!! It was a T40 and THE THREADS STRIPPED OUT!!!! But I GOT IT OUT WITH VICE GRIPS AND A 1" WRENCH ON THE NUT!!!

Car is 100% AGAIN!!!!!!

FUCKING WOOT!!!!!111111111ELEVENTYBILLION

I doubt that. sensatracks have a 6mm hex hole, but the OEM have a torx bit. I have used torx bits in some hex holes, as they are close in sixe. probably what you experienced.

I doubt that. sensatracks have a 6mm hex hole, but the OEM have a torx bit. I have used torx bits in some hex holes, as they are close in sixe. probably what you experienced.

Hex would not fit- I looked at them, they were definitely T40, man.

air gun ;)

I had to take mine off again to cut the jounce bumper even more today... worked perfect and no effort at all.

I love air tools!

Our new house has a little storage shed where I will put an air compressor. I love air tools, except on our wheels- I've had nothing but bad luck putting lugnuts back on with air tools because the holes are so deep and dished- I end up with the wheel on slanted.

FALSE!!!! It was a T40 and THE THREADS STRIPPED OUT!!!! But I GOT IT OUT WITH VICE GRIPS AND A 1" WRENCH ON THE NUT!!!

Car is 100% AGAIN!!!!!!

FUCKING WOOT!!!!!111111111ELEVENTYBILLION

:thumb:

our cars are supposed to be 100-104 ft-lb :)

Yup. Almost all domestic cars and light trucks are at that setting.

I put the wheels on spin the lugs on and then throw some impact on them. Never put them on slanted.

our cars are supposed to be 100-104 ft-lb :)

I'll remember that. I'm used to 80 because that's what we use on the Subarus.

that's cause subaru's ar weak!!!!!!!!

not sure I wanna start the whole "Chris is gay" thing again, that wouldnt be right to do that to a friend let alone a GLOBAL moderator. watch out kids he's moderating the whole globe!!!

not sure I wanna start the whole "Chris is gay" thing again, that wouldnt be right to do that to a friend let alone a GLOBAL moderator. watch out kids he's moderating the whole globe!!!

Probably a good idea. :lol: :lol: