GTP_MuNkYs Suspension Upgrade Thread *Update Pg 13, New struts and sleeves*

CSI_MuNkY

OK, so no lowered pics again today! I went out to wash the car and on my journey the fuse finally blew again! The mechanic is going to drop the tank and check out the fuel pump.

I'll get the lowered pics as soon as I can

Jamie

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CSI_MuNkY

• 19Cutlass94

• AWeb80

• pwmin

Nice!!!!! good to hear everything worked out for ya! pics are a must though.

and I gotta ask, when take a corner hard, and very fast, do you feel the inside rear wheel come off the ground? I can when i do this, just wondering if anyone else was doing the 3-wheeled turns :lol:

i've got auto x pics to prove mine does...my car is sooo stiff.

I don't think I'll be getting pics like that any time soon. Its not too often I hear of an auto x in my area.

Jamie

look close

05-28-07_--_118.jpg

Make sure your mechanic replaces the wiring harness inside the tank... Actually, that could be the problem!!! The wire could have shorted out do to dry rot. Thats what I had with mine when I did the fuel pump. Luckily the insulation only flaked off after I removed the wire. This is the wire lead that goes to the sending unit.

We're pretty sure its NOT the fuel pump now. He isolated the fuel pump on its own fuse, started the car and pulled the new fuse, it dies differently. They he tried it again pulling the fuse that was running everything else on the circuit, it died the way it has been.

Could mean I'm in for an ECM

Jamie

It turned out to be the fuel pump! Its getting replaced Monday morning. The mechanic isolated the fuel pump on its own fuse then sent me out driving, 35km later it popped the isolated fuse.

In the mean time, the car sits in my parents driveway, tomorrow it will get a wash and maybe a wax if my dad has any good wax around here. Then I will get on the lowering and picture taking! So check back tomorrow evening.

Jamie

OK! I lowered it today.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to slam it right down, my father doesn't have a jack that I would be able to get back out from under the car, and I will be damned if I'm gonna sit out there turning a scissor on each corner just to get a pic of it slammed right down.

In the front I dropped it another 1.75" and in the back I went down 0.75".

In the front I had about 1/8" of an inch clearance to get the jack out from under the car, so that was as low as I could go there and I just did the rear to level out the car.

Currently there is no rubbing, but because of the fuse issue I haven't been able to really test it out, it may have to go back up a bit.

Here is how it sat at the beginning of the day;

CIMG2440.jpg

And here is how it sits now;

CIMG2444.jpg

If you can't see a difference look at the gap between the front tire and the body.

My brother was just here and his response was "thats it? I got mine lower than that" I felt like smacking him, hes got sooo much rubbing in his suspension it should be jacked back up, but wait, he doesn't have that option cause he just used lowering springs, they can't be adjusted! LoL

If I can come up with the cash I might just buy some lower profile tires. And a smaller jack to fit under the car, lol

Jamie

245's man

Looks great...just like mine

I have to drive up on 1.5" blocks just to get a jack under the front cross member on teh GP .....LOL

Good work.

Well right now I'm running 225/60/16

I think everyone else (Aweb, Q-ball, 93luminaz34) are running 245/50/16 or 245/55/16.

Going to a 245/60 would just give me a bigger side wall to contend with, so I'm assuming you guys are likely running 50 series tires rather than the monstrous 60's.

Jamie

So if I switch is that going to do anything to my speedometer? I can't imagine it doing much.

Jamie

I was fine w/ it.

My HUD is right on....but my speedo is 2 mph fast....o well

I only look at the HUD any ways.

Same here, I never look down from the HUD unless its to check gas or temps or something.

I'll have to try and get the cash together to get that spare set of tires off Matt, save the monster truck tires for winters, lol.

Jamie

wow, looks great!!!!

Mines not too far off from that either! Mine sits maybe 1/2" higher in front. But I think you guys with the B4U it makes the cars look lower though...

That B4U hurts us too! In the wheel wells it actually hangs down past the metal lip about 1"

So we would get clearance and rubbing issues before a non-B4U w-body would!

Jamie

yeah but on the cutty's if you lower it too much, the tire will hit the plastic trim around the fender and more than likely rip it off around a corner :lol: I think my car is as low as I wanna get with it.

But damn the cars with the B4U look sooo damn good lowered!

That B4U hurts us too! In the wheel wells it actually hangs down past the metal lip about 1"

Jamie

that is why i took a rubber hammer and carefully rolled all 4 inner fenders up...I got plenty of clearance now.

Jamie

that is why i took a rubber hammer and carefully rolled all 4 inner fenders up...I got plenty of clearance now.

How? when I checked the fronts earlier there was some some plastic inner fender stuff above it that would prevent it from being rolled, did you just take that out?

Jamie

Jamie

How? when I checked the fronts earlier there was some some plastic inner fender stuff above it that would prevent it from being rolled, did you just take that out?

Jamie

not sure what your talking about...i must not have had them.