• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CSI_MuNkY

• 19Cutlass94

• AWeb80

• pwmin

It feels great!! Not too hard when your just driving along, no annoying clunks or bangs of any sort.

I haven't had the ability to hammer it into a turn just yet. That will likely be Monday night, with my luck the fuse would pop half way through a hard turn, cutting the engine and leaving me with a sudden shock of no power steering. But I've done the swerving on the road thing and it is VERY responsive. The road leading to my parents house has an S-bend in it, and that road is a lot more fun to take now

I'm actually surprised at the difference in acceleration and breaking too. No actual numbers to go with it yet, but it feels like it stops and takes off a lot quicker. Stopping feels a lot more firm, maybe its just cause the 350lb front springs don't let the car duck nearly as much. Then when accelerating it all seems to go smoother, again, probably because the 300lb springs in the back aren't letting the rear end squat down on me.

Jamie

I went for a drive today... its gotta go back up. I got some rubbing over some bumps. But it will have to wait because its back down at the shop and I gotta get back to waterloo. I'm thinking I might just get out the rubber mallet and roll that inner fender lip.

I'm just going to have to take it easy for now...

Any suggestions for rolling that lip up? Should I make relief cuts in the metal to make it go easier? I'm going to have to pull the plastic shielding out in the front.

Jamie

Well right now I'm running 225/60/16

I think everyone else (Aweb, Q-ball, 93luminaz34) are running 245/50/16 or 245/55/16.

Going to a 245/60 would just give me a bigger side wall to contend with, so I'm assuming you guys are likely running 50 series tires rather than the monstrous 60's.

Jamie

i had/have 245/45s on mine (215/55's on 5-spokes)

you can roll the fender with a baseball bat. There are writeups online on how to do it. Dont be skurred, you roll the bat and slowly and carefully push the fender up, as opposed to the hammer method that you may or may not be comfortable with

Is it rubbing on the front or back? Instead of hammering, I'd go for lower profiling tires like moi :wink:

Its just the front that I have noticed.... I want lower profile tires, but we're not all loaded like you :lol:

Jamie

Is it rubbing on the front or back? Instead of hammering, I'd go for lower profiling tires like moi :wink:

Its just the front that I have noticed.... I want lower profile tires, but we're not all loaded like you :lol:

Jamie

Haha, far from it. Look at what I drive. I'd say think about rolling up the flare. Does Jeff run into these problems? Or does the simple fact that if he has lower profile tires give him the clearance he needs? (I dont know what tire size he runs)

Pretty sure Jeff is running 245/50's, Matt would know better. I'll probably end up doing the baseball bat thing in the next week or so. That all depends on if its running right by Friday. If not I have to leave town and leave the car behind.

Jamie

I THINK ITS FIXED! I got it to go 100km and the fuse never blew. I'll be doing it again tonight, but first, FUNNY STORY TIME!!

So I keep CDs in my visor. They from time to time fall out and fall onto the floor in front of the passenger seat. Well not now! I took a turn fast enough to lose a CD out the window!! It was a burnt CD, so I didn't feel like going back for it.

Matt, as of right now I will be back in town tomorrow night or Friday morning.

Jamie

too bad loudcuts car will still outhandle it :razz:

No it won't! He took it apart and parted it out, did he not? And even if he hadn't I would be willing to take that bet! Especially with my front end equipment, IIRC he just used lowering springs, My front springs are rated at 350LB. Of course I'm saying this without a clue what his spring rate was. In the back we'd be fairly evenly matched I should think. I say fairly because I don't know what he had for spring rate or if he touched the lateral links, or how much change the lateral links would have. FWIW my rear springs are 300lb.

Jamie

its a joke. im talking about his focus. have you read the "the return" post of his?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my bad... No I haven't read it, I suppose I should!

*edit*

18 pages?!?!? its gonna be a long night! lol

Jamie

Got to remember I already upgraded the suspension on the Focus. But who cares.

Jamie that looks great. If I had to complain about one thing on my Cutlass' setup it was that the Eibach springs did not lower the car up front enough. I wanted to do coilovers up front so I could slam the front end. Looks awesome dude. It's nice to see things done right.

I met up with Jamie last night and went for a ride in the GTP. It rides nice and taunt but not too rough. Holds its own real good through the corners. Then we went cruising for like 2 hrs taking every S bend, tight ramp and sweeping corner that I could think of. We were getting some looks with the lowered GTP and lowered TGP.