Is it time to sell my car? 97-98 Regal or 98-99 Grand Prix?

Q-Ball

weekly payments? Fuck that.

If you're going to go with a Regal, go 98+

Yeah, I was kinda sad when I heard that. And 98 only because they would of fixed any problems from 97?

not necessarily. I've just heard that 99+ are the best ones to buy. They have a bunch of parts/options that the 97-98's don't have. I think there's a thread here on it.

EDIT:: here's the thread. Sean(99RegalGS) was telling me these differences at a meet one time when I was looking at GS's.

http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,52009.0.html

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-Ball

• 1990lumina

• Euro

• CSI_MuNkY

Weekly payments? I knew the deal was too good to be true... at that rate it woul dtake him damn near half a year to pay for the thing!

Tell him if he wants to go by weekly payments, he can have the car when its paid off!

Jamie

"weekly payments" generally means that you get half of them, and none on time.

agreed

x3. Last thing you need is someone to fuck you out of the money, and have your car. Paid in full or nothing IMO

Cool, awesome link about the regals. And ya, the lowest I could do would be half and another payment maybe 2 weeks later at the most. But full would be better ofcourse.

Well let's think about it, if he's willing to give 4 grand for your GP, he can't be to bright. No offense, but it's not worth that much. So I would definitely be worried about weekly payments...

What is it about you that attracts the sketchy people there Jason?? Shady back yard mechanics that take forever and don't get the job done right, actual mechanics that can't answer their shop phone when you call to ask about your car (I'm still pissed about that), and now a guy wanting to give you weekly payments for your car.

Hold your ground man, I agree with what was said above, if he can't get money from the bank, don't give him any benifit of the doubt. Next thing you know your car is sold and you get no more than one $200 payment out of him. If he is insistant on the payments, tell him you want a contract and 29.9% interest, lol, thats what a bank would give him.

Jamie

Cause of this sale it has slowed me huge down on work on my car. I was going to do a full tune up before the meet, but now its too late. I'll be working late on her tonight. :cry: