Is it time to sell my car? 97-98 Regal or 98-99 Grand Prix?

Q-Ball

Edit: See page 3

Well, the other day my dad stole my car and took it to work cause he had no other way of getting there. Wasnt a really a big deal cause my gf drops me off and picks me up at school. Anyways, some guy at his worked offered my dad 4,000 dollars for my car. He loves it. He wants the fender back on and the leather panels back on the door and he will give me the money for it. Should I go for it?

I got way more than that in repairs and stuff. I totalled it to be about 6000 into my car. But there are parts I could just swap out and maybe put into the 96. Such as:

STB's, addco rear sway bar, AQ9's, Speakers, Silver stars, and a few very minor things. And the biggest thing I just dropped 1,100 for the alignement, new rubbers and all that jazz for it.

If I did sell it, for sure I got the ok from the gf to get the 96 gtp. :high5:

And I would give him a shit load of all my junk parts. Well, what to do?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-Ball

• 1990lumina

• Euro

• CSI_MuNkY

up to you really but it does look nice now. and 4k isnt a bad deal either. as long as you can get the gtp id go for it.

Well the GTP is 600 OBO, you can check out my other thread. its in pretty good condition... just have to find out if I can make it run.

ya know, if he buys it for $4k, then you could buy a second gen with a little more money.

just a thought.

2ndgen.jpg

I say sell it.. I don't think you will see too many offers like that for a 92 GP.. It doesn't even have the LQ1, Manual, or a combo of both!

I dunno if I'd be too scared of '97s...I think they mainly had some electrical issues, but nothing too major that I would be scared of buying one.

Though that one in the link looks like a nice car too!

it is still a mess of different colors right?

as rusty as it is from the pictures i've seen of it, i'd SELL SELL SELL.

What is it worth to you? You have a lot of time and money into it.

If it were me and my GP, the market value sure isn't 4k and it would be financially wise to sell it.. but I can't put a dollar amount on my time and memories, so quite frankly, I would have a hard time selling it.

Well I suppose I could put a value on time and memories.. they're surely worth 10k :burnout: But it is something to consider..

I think I'm gonna sell it! My dad is out of town golfing for a few days and I'll need to talk to the guy who works for him. I have spent a lot on my car, but it's time to upgrade. I also have to find out what insurrance is gonna run from a 92 gp se to a 99 gp gt. Would be a perfect motor to turbo too. :burnout:

SELL IT . 4K?? I would have signed the title over. These cars are DIRT cheap in the toronto area. You can get another with all the goodies even a 97+

I think I'm gonna sell it! My dad is out of town golfing for a few days and I'll need to talk to the guy who works for him. I have spent a lot on my car, but it's time to upgrade. I also have to find out what insurrance is gonna run from a 92 gp se to a 99 gp gt. Would be a perfect motor to turbo too. :burnout:

I bet insurance will almost double (mine did going from a 1990 Lumina to a 2001 Millenia)..but it's worth it just to have a newer car!

If I had a 1992 GP SE and someone offered me $4k for it, I would have started a thread with the title "Some moron gave me $3k more then my car is worth!!!!! What should I buy now?"

Put it back together and SELL it, before he smartens up! For once something good might come out of your dad stealing your car!

For me, personally I would rather stay with a first gen, just get one the way you want it, by this I mean buying a 94+ rather than trying to turn a 92 into a 94+. I prefer the 1st gen styling over the 2nd gen styling any day, and you know full well that the performance of a second gen is just an L67 swap away.

In the end though, its your choice...

Guess this means you will be looking to unload some parts though huh? msg me on MSN, lol

Jamie

WAKEY WAKEY JASON!! You hit the jackpot, that $4000 should be in your pocket already, this is a no brainer man.

For $4,000.... SELL IT!! I personally wouldn't go for a second gen though... the first gens are so much cooler, and more unique than the second gens that everyone has :rolleyes: