Is it time to sell my car? 97-98 Regal or 98-99 Grand Prix?

Q-Ball

For $4,000.... SELL IT!! I personally wouldn't go for a second gen though... the first gens are so much cooler, and more unique than the second gens that everyone has :rolleyes:

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

If you really want that L67, buy that 96 GP and swap it. It will be off the road for a while, but its not like your not used to not having a car on the road!

Jamie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-Ball

• 1990lumina

• Euro

• CSI_MuNkY

or for simplicity sake, especially for you, just buy a nice 97+ GTP and just drive it, no modding. You'll be surprised how much money you'll save, especially if you're trying to save for a house.

I love my 92, but if someone offered me 4 grand for it the bitch would be gone in a heartbeat. I agree withe gtp_munkey and nick about prefering a first gen W. I'd def buy the '96 and probably another cheap car to drive while getting the 96 back on the road. In any case, good luck with it

I dont know if I'd sell my car for 4k, but any other car I've owned, and especially since yours is a 92 gp, nothing too special (not to bash), I would jump all over that asap!

Sell, sell, sell!! If someone offered me 4k (of even 2k) for my car it would be gone in a second. With that money you could find a really nice 1st gen GTP, or maybe even a 2nd gen. But id go 1st gen, they are more unique. Everyone and their mother has a 2nd gen GP around here.

I dont know if I'd sell my car for 4k, but any other car I've owned, and especially since yours is a 92 gp, nothing too special (not to bash), I would jump all over that asap!

Jason, like I told you, if I was in your position, I would sell it. I mean it's got lots of miles on it, and it you know it still needs a good paint job, and interior work. I think you should sell the car and buy a 2nd gen GP, or that white 96, fix it and drive it! Either way I think you should sell it!

or for simplicity sake, especially for you, just buy a nice 97+ GTP and just drive it, no modding. You'll be surprised how much money you'll save, especially if you're trying to save for a house.

agreed. L67 swaps are not cheap, and are not for someone who needs to save or doesnt have the cash to spend. dont get me wrong i still think its worth every penny even compared to other non-L67 options, but not cheap. plus it doesnt add a cent to value except to someone on here, might lose some if anything for modding

Ok, tell me what you guys think about this one? The price is right.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-under-5K-1997-BUICK-REGAL-GS-W0QQAdIdZ13006452

Im also looking at a 98 Grand Prix GTP tomorrow. No pics on his add, but I'll take some tomorrow. Till than, here's the link.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-under-5K-1998-GTP-2door-W0QQAdIdZ14240668

I'm more leaning towards the regal. Cheaper in price and less on insurrance. I'm also waiting to hear back from the 99 GP GT and a 98 Regal with a LIM problem.

I think I'm gonna sell it! My dad is out of town golfing for a few days and I'll need to talk to the guy who works for him. I have spent a lot on my car, but it's time to upgrade. I also have to find out what insurrance is gonna run from a 92 gp se to a 99 gp gt. Would be a perfect motor to turbo too. :burnout:

I bet insurance will almost double (mine did going from a 1990 Lumina to a 2001 Millenia)..but it's worth it just to have a newer car!

I think your insurance will stay close to what it is now. When I got rid of the Lumina and bought the GP, my insurance actually went down a little.

I think I'm gonna sell it! My dad is out of town golfing for a few days and I'll need to talk to the guy who works for him. I have spent a lot on my car, but it's time to upgrade. I also have to find out what insurrance is gonna run from a 92 gp se to a 99 gp gt. Would be a perfect motor to turbo too. :burnout:

I bet insurance will almost double (mine did going from a 1990 Lumina to a 2001 Millenia)..but it's worth it just to have a newer car!

I think your insurance will stay close to what it is now. When I got rid of the Lumina and bought the GP, my insurance actually went down a little.

Actually, I've done quotes online and my insurrance will be going down. It would stay about the same if I went with the 98 GTP 2 Door. After finding online prices I called my insurrance and told them I want all the info they have on me and ofcourse they asked if I was switching and I said yes, unless you can beat it. So now they are working away cause deep down they still want my money.

Actually, I've done quotes online and my insurrance will be going down. It would stay about the same if I went with the 98 GTP 2 Door. After finding online prices I called my insurrance and told them I want all the info they have on me and ofcourse they asked if I was switching and I said yes, unless you can beat it. So now they are working away cause deep down they still want my money.

Wow...mind if I ask what you pay per year for insurance now?? I know over here we are easier on younger drivers...but I'm wondering how SGI stands up to whatever you have in Ontario

Wow...mind if I ask what you pay per year for insurance now?? I know over here we are easier on younger drivers...but I'm wondering how SGI stands up to whatever you have in Ontario

As of now I'm paying 210 a month for my car in my own name and under my own insurrance. For the 97 Regal GS, that would be 180 a month. The 98 GTP 2 Door would be 217 a month. So I think I'm gonna go with the regal here... Cheaper insurrance FTW.

holy shit, sell!!! What the hell ya waiting for!! The guy probably will change his mind now that you gave him time to think. Hell, I'd sell my Olds for $4000 if it were offered to me!

As of now I'm paying 210 a month for my car in my own name and under my own insurrance. For the 97 Regal GS, that would be 180 a month. The 98 GTP 2 Door would be 217 a month. So I think I'm gonna go with the regal here... Cheaper insurrance FTW.

Ah ok..I was paying $51.88/month with the Lumina and now I'm paying $102.88/monh with the Millenia - both full coverage...

Good luck with the car shopping!!!

holy shit, sell!!! What the hell ya waiting for!! The guy probably will change his mind now that you gave him time to think. Hell, I'd sell my Olds for $4000 if it were offered to me!

I never gave him time to think about it, just waiting for my dad to get back from his golfing trip. My dad told me if I get the car finished by next weekend, he could have it.

Ah ok..I was paying $51.88/month with the Lumina and now I'm paying $102.88/monh with the Millenia - both full coverage...

Are both in your names for ownership and insurrance? If so, thats pretty damn good.

I never gave him time to think about it, just waiting for my dad to get back from his golfing trip. My dad told me if I get the car finished by next weekend, he could have it.

Are both in your names for ownership and insurrance? If so, thats pretty damn good.

Yup, they are all in my name. Since I was 16..the highest I ever paid for the Lumina was $55/month when I first got my license. My RX-7 is $52ish/month..and yeah the Millenia is what it is above..sorry to street your thread off I was sorta like WTF when you said your '92 and a '00GP would be equal..but then I see

Ok, my dad found out the guy wants to pay me in weekly payments, still he is trying to figure out how much. My dad is getting all his info and he wants to sit down on the weekend to see if we can work out a deal. But if the weekly payments are like 200 bucks, I'm gonna need to take a loan out. I'll try and convince him to take his own loan out. :lol:

weekly payments? Fuck that.

If you're going to go with a Regal, go 98+

Yeah, I was kinda sad when I heard that. And 98 only because they would of fixed any problems from 97?