LED Cutlass Taillights?

synistershadows

has anyone thought about doing an led taillight conversion on the coupes? kinda like the new caddilac style??

i think it would look good but i have no clue how to do it? any ideas?

i was thinking taking the taillights outa a 03 DTS and modding the body to fit them?

Yeah, I have been thinking about doing this since the late 90's even before the 03 DTS ever came out.

I even bought a package of 1200 super-flux LEDs last year.

Never got anything going though.

I completely agree with Jay. That would be the way to go.

You can buy LED matrix "bulbs" on eBay that might work well.

You can buy LED matrix "bulbs" on eBay that might work well.

I;ve wanted to go this route, especially now with the tinted tails. i dont know what to look for though :leaving:

i think you guys would be right about modding the cutty tails but i wouldent know wher to start?

i know you can get the bulbs but personally i think it wouldent make that much of a difference i was going for that nice clean LED's in a row type of thing like these pics

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Maybe a bunch of these mounted on a custom-made fiberglass backing and placed in the taillight about an inch from the lens.

Although getting 92-97 coupe taillights apart would be quite a challenge in itself.

Or.... buy a bunch of LED strips that I have from the lighting company that I work for!

I'll get some pictures this weekend, of what I have.

BTW, I have two of the new Escalade housings with the some of the LED strips still in them.

A good buddy of mine has done it to his S-10 and Accord.. they're awesome, but the S-10 looks out of place cause ya just don't expect to see that in that kind of clunker.

Chris. PM me with stats on those LED strips. I didn't know you had those.

ditto

ditto!

oh, I have been using suburban/astro/safari/jimmy LED light bars (made by stanley) and venture van light bars for a while now... how do they compare?

id love to get my hands on some of thoese and doesn anyone know where i could get spare tail lights?for a 92 coupe with the lip spoiler?

id love to get my hands on some of thoese and doesn anyone know where i could get spare tail lights?for a 92 coupe with the lip spoiler?

They are a rare item from what I've seen/heard lately..especially in non-broken/cracked condition.

as i posted in the whatever thread, Im tempted to shave my third brake light and put an led strip in the lip spoiler. I have a spare spoiler, but not a spare third brake light housing

Steve and Jay, just got them.

I'm heading back to Toledo tonight, so I will get plenty of pictures. Lots of new stuff this summer. I'll try to get some of them lit up as well.

as i posted in the whatever thread, Im tempted to shave my third brake light and put an led strip in the lip spoiler. I have a spare spoiler, but not a spare third brake light housing

For several years now, I've been wanting to shave that ugly box off the 3rd brake light bar and integrate an LED strip into it with a smoked clear lens.

Or.... buy a bunch of LED strips that I have from the lighting company that I work for!

I'll get some pictures this weekend, of what I have.

BTW, I have two of the new Escalade housings with the some of the LED strips still in them.

Cool, send me pics, I might want some!

Escalade taillamps. Both are in this condition.

IMG_2379.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

Tons of license plate lamps:

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

And the gold(well, minus the G6 Conv. taillamps and the 2007 Acura MDX taillamps that are not pictured):

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

All of those CHMSL are LED's. Those three in the last picture, IIRC, are GM, brand new never mounted. I didn't get time to test anything yet, but I do still plan on it. I'm gonna see if I can find an old computer power supply to mess with. If not, I might have to drag the Acura's battery in here tomorrow to get some pictures. I personally haven't seen any of these lit up yet, so I can't say how they look. But... they should be pretty bright.

More pics of the Escalade lamps. Also, how many, and how long are those strips of LEDs you have? I have a few ideas for diffusers to make them look more like the DHS lights.. (I used to have a picture of a DHS light disassembled) Hit me up on AIM some time Chris.

I'm stopping in at work early this afternoon to pick up a cheapo power supply so I can power these up. Look for some more pictures this afternoon.

Steve, I'll try to get measurements as well.