Stock or aftermarket rad???

S P E E D

Anyone got any part numbers or leads on the stock or aftermarket rad? I got a pin hole in one of the runners. :rolleyes: Dunno if a shop could braze or lay a TIG wheel on it.

JB weld. Easiest route, otherwise get it TIGed. Anything used you find here will probably need a recore. I don't think anyone has gone aftermarket yet but I could be wrong.

Id just go aftermarket... Its a brand new radiator, and doesnt have 18yrs of shit on/in it

:rolleyes: thats why you get it re-cored. better than aftermarket believe it.

lost me. they are 3 core from the factory arent they? hard to beat

Ours are 3 core, N/A are all 1 core. I think he's saying he has an aftermarket 2 core.

lost me. they are 3 core from the factory arent they? hard to beat

Ours are 3 core, N/A are all 1 core. I think he's saying he has an aftermarket 2 core.

Correct

The guys at the rad shop said 30 bucks to fix it. Turns out I need a rad fan because the bearing on the fan is pooched and in turn it was rubbing on the rad over time and chaffed a pin hole in the rad. Anyone know if the rad fans are the same as the N/A fans? Or is it time for a Flexalite aftermarket fan? :lol:

now a stock rad mated to a bad ass high cfm rapidcool fan custom mounted with new mounts welded on will improve performance if its a well balanced fan. mine is so powerful though that the thing vibrates slightly. stock ones have rubber dampeners but will hack your fingers if not careful. but they got big motors and work real good.

if they recore it have them weld on new mounts for aftermarket. or if you want, hit up the junkyard, its much cheaper if you got the time. just watch it dont get your tie caught in it! :eek:

The guys at the rad shop said 30 bucks to fix it. Turns out I need a rad fan because the bearing on the fan is pooched and in turn it was rubbing on the rad over time and chaffed a pin hole in the rad. Anyone know if the rad fans are the same as the N/A fans? Or is it time for a Flexalite aftermarket fan? :lol:

Joey,

I believe I have some spare fans.....I'll call you tonight when I look and find out for sure. If I do they're yours cheap.

they should be the same i think all rad fans in all W's are the same depending on gen ofcourse

TGPs have different fans than all other W-bodies. They do share the same motor that is used in other cars though, but I can't remember the model as the moment(I'm thinking Grand Am & Lumina APV). Anyways, I would call a GM parts warehouse to see what other cars the fan motors were used in, then just scour your local yards for another motor. Do you have an '89 or '90 TGP?? I ask because they changed the fan blade design between the two years. They don't make the '89 style motor anymore, so if you just need a new motor for an '89 you have to buy the fan blade as well.

What if you just went with an aftermarket 2core like I have, then just get an FMIC. More of a custom setup, but I bet it would work alot better than stock.

Ok so here's the deal, Turns out the rad is plugged up after they fixed the leak the core would not flow well. So the shop wants 320 Can to re-core the rad, I just checked into an aftermarket rad and they all seem to be 2 core rads at close to the same price as a re-core (At Shop Rate)

It would be nice to keep the stock rad but I know myself...Iwill mod this car anyways. :willynilly:

Wow....It never ran hot for me.....WTF?? If you need a fan for it, and I have the one you need...let me know, you can have it. I dont' know if they are fans from a turbo car or not...I didn't get to look last night but I'll try tonight or tomorrow for sure and if they are come pick them up and they're yours.

Wow....It never ran hot for me.....WTF?? If you need a fan for it, and I have the one you need...let me know, you can have it. I dont' know if they are fans from a turbo car or not...I didn't get to look last night but I'll try tonight or tomorrow for sure and if they are come pick them up and they're yours.

The car isn't running hot...it's only using the first 4 rows cause the bottom is plugged. I'll see if those fans you got are the right ones. Either way I have 2 brand new Mailbu fans I picked up off a customers car with Wiring harness's for a back up plan.