u

ManicMechanic

am i the only one that hates anything white in the interior?

no you are not. i do not like the white either.

I dont know, they can be pretty sweet lookin..

white1.JPG

white2.JPG

white3.JPG

:drool:

I loved my white interior. Then earlier this summer I went to black and it looks 1000000000000000 times better. Thats my opinion for my car. Before I painted it I liked the white alot but that white leather definately has it's own thing.

Funny how I started out with a mint triple white 94 low mileage florida car. Since I got it the white paint is mostly gone, the white interior is gone, and the white top will be gone this winter. Talk about destroying the collectability value!!

Oh well, to each their own I guess.

-Sean

i like the seats white, but not the rest of the interior parts. I still don't think I'd want them though, as soon as they start to get dirty or start to wear, they look horrible

• 2 weeks later...

I have been busy lately (summer), so I haven't been on the puter very much. Car broke, so I thought I would jump here.

Interesting thread. I have done car interiors, specificaly, leather, pleather, leatherette (same things Cadillacs use), etc. I guess since the going price is over $1000 just to do these, I think I need to break out my sewing macine during the winter.

I am going to recover my drivers' seat here soon because it is not perfect. It is in great condition, but I would like to go with the leatherette fabric. It is what is standard on the CTS. If you haven't seen it, take a look. Caddilac wouldn't put garbage on their seats.

I am also thinking about a microfiber to recover the sun visors. Way more durable.

I am going to have to redo my headliner, so instead of the clips to attach it down the ribs of the top, I am going to go with something that will be more durable.

leatherette? tell us more! I've hand sewed seats together from parts of different seats... but where to start for custom new stuff??? BTW... I got TWO set of GP rear buckets which I would love to turn into CS rears...