chrome

mediabandit

so i was wondering if anyone has ever put the chrome strips for around the wheel wells on their z34?if they have...how did it look,but more importantly where did you get them.i can't find them in any local store around here,so if someone has an idea where,please let me know,thanks.

i think they would look good on my Z.but opions make the worl go around...so let'em fly.

Please do not go through with this. Consider it a blessing that you didn't find any. It would look extremely tacky, and considering you have chrome no where else on the car it would be out of place. Save your money.

well i am buying some nice chrome rims for her in the next month.so that wouldn't be all the chrome that is on it.but good to know that you think it will look tacky too,because i had my doubts about it as well,that is why i decided to ask in here,seeing as you guys seem to be on the ball.so thanks for the opinion,and YES i think i will pass on them,thanks for the input.

Who the fuck cares, its not your car, let the man do what he wants to HIS car. Unless your paying his bills, dont tell him what he can and cant do. Godforbid someone do something different on this forum... :rolleyes:

Quit your bitching Jay. No one is "forcing" him to do anything.

on my Z.but opions make the worl go around...so let'em fly.

Yeah, looks to me like he wanted our opinions.

whoa, I have to agree with matt on this. he said it looks bad and not to do it, and he had already agreed and said he probably wasnt going to, why make get your panties in a bunch after its over? nothing against you, it just seemed like a cheap shot to me kinda

I agree though, don't do it, they look cheap and tacky

i did say i wanted opinions,so no need to get all worked up about it.good opinions and bad ones all make sense in the end.but i also agree with the majority too.i am gonna just stick with putting some nice 18"-19" chrome rims on it...not sure which ones yet...(also opinions on rims are good) and am not gonna bother with the chrome.

100_6560.jpg

Add another one to the "oh God, no.." column.

Please don't get 077's. Please. Get anything else. Get steelies. Even Eagle themselves has better looking wheels than 077's.

You really don't think they look good? I honestly love them, I think that the majority of the issue people on these forums have with them is that they are popular... Not saying that's how you feel personally though.

I would also check out TireRack.Com for some rims and tires, they usually have some pretty decent selection. If not to order from them just get an idea of what would look good on your Z.

axis wheels and no chrome fender trim. I wanted them in High school (9yrs ago) and glad i didn't get them. It makes the chrome look out of place, just like the chrome door edging that people got nuts with on every edge of their car. Keep it clean, thats how it is now

Add another one to the "oh God, no.." column.

Please don't get 077's. Please. Get anything else. Get steelies. Even Eagle themselves has better looking wheels than 077's.

You really don't think they look good? I honestly love them, I think that the majority of the issue people on these forums have with them is that they are popular... Not saying that's how you feel personally though.

I would also check out TireRack.Com for some rims and tires, they usually have some pretty decent selection. If not to order from them just get an idea of what would look good on your Z.

ya that is the thing i don't care for the 077's because everybody got them.i would like something a little different...maybe one of these two...or atleast along those same lines.

zinik_z9_ci3_l.jpg

zinik_z5_ci3_l.jpg

axis wheels and no chrome fender trim. I wanted them in High school (9yrs ago) and glad i didn't get them. It makes the chrome look out of place, just like the chrome door edging that people got nuts with on every edge of their car. Keep it clean, thats how it is now

ya i gave up on the idea about the chrome strips,i though they would look a little tacky too,that was the reason i wanted some opinions on it.and i am glad you all though against it as well.the rime though...well there are so many out there i will have to look around i guess...

btw anyone know a good place to order rims from in Canada,so i don't have to pay duty and shit???

and if you have any preference on what rims may look good on the Z34 then by all means post them,i like to have a broad range of ideas.cuz u can always mix-match and come up with the best option possible.thanks again guys.

• 2 weeks later...

hey if you want my opinion i know you gave up on the chrome strips idea but what about just around the windows and the chrome rims

idea: blacked out windows with chrome trim and solid clean body with chrome rims???