"Cold" air intake

jmoore4294

A guy on here, dohc, makes them. Other than him, your gonna have to make it yourself. That is if you are talking true "cold" air, that would mean putting the intake in the fender, if you are talking about a short ram or warm air intake then your options are alot better.

Kyle

Mine has gone through numerous stages, getting better each time. So far i have had 3 differant ones...

Stage one, autozone "civic" intake with 4 inches chopped off, sounded cool but didn't do much except get really hot.

IMAG0033.jpg

Stage two, same autozone intake but i put the bottom tray of the stock intake on to block heat and used the stock rubber elbow for my valve cover intake pipe, plus i thought it looked really clean.

IMG_09131-1.jpg

And where i am now, stage three, i switched the battery and the intake's places, the intake doesn't get hot at all with it being black now, the battery hasn't given me any trouble, and the filter is right behind the headlight so when i got to the track it performs much better.

IMG_1787.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is where my low beam head light use to be on my gp. My low beam is now in my high beam spot. I got rid of my highbeams since i never use them because I replaced the stock foglights with some hella driving lamps that are as bright as my high beams were. I have black outs on my car so you can't tell the lights aren't there. All i have to do is take the blackout off and i have the perfect ramair. However this only works if you have a buddy that will pass it on inspections for you. :twisted: Other then that I think dohc v6 has a good one for not having to move the battery. I still had to move the battery for mine, that and i need space for my zex control box that was close enought to the intake.

Loudcut, I am running to the J/Y saturday or sunday and am makinging a 3.1 or 3100 CAI. It will need to be welded and final fitted but I am going to actual go down there. I will shoot some pics up this weekend.