speaker boxes

theoneliln

how many subs?  

1. 1. how many subs?

i was wondering if anyone had a subwoofer box that they purchased online that fit in the trunk quite snug.

i want to build my own and somehow use the spare tire hole as the box itself,but of course i will measure and build it out of wood lol and fiberglass..

anyone have any different approaches or ideas on a cool but diferent sub box? :willynilly:

Umm... I could name a hundred different ways and spots of making a sub box. All depends what sub and amp, how many, and how much trunk space your willing to lose.

I wish I had my camera, I'd post pictures of my fiberglass corner box (fits behind the rear drivers taillamp in the trunk). It's using a spot I'd otherwise not use, not humongous, and out of the way.

Or... you can buy my extra 12" sub box. 2.59 ft^3 @ 36 hz.

Hell.... I'll make a box.

dude idc how much truck space it uses up im just loking for something other then an original lookin box.

a clean look i guess you can call it.

i'll use up all the truck space as long as its worth it. :high5:

haha naw im sorta tired of the whole biger and badder competition around here..

so im just probably going with 1 12.

just for some hard bass but its clear and doesn't sound liek shit at the same time.

well i mean i know you can make anything sound clear and all but i liek to have stuff that sounds nice from outside the car aswell.

and inside!

without my hairmoving and my nose itching lol.

(past experience)

im thinking about just one 12 and a custom made box by (me)

What is the exact model number so I can see what kinda of power we got to play with here?

Just to add a point about TC Sounds. Like you said that driver I posted is a bit pricey, But becasue TC Sounds is an Oem build house they are the brains behind alot of the major sub brands, past and present.

In their forum they are selling some oem woofers for $195 shipped that look to be Absolutely Absurd!

http://www.tcsounds.com/forums/index.php?s=7256dba65686f3b97de4e49670d9bc7d&showtopic=981

• 2 weeks later...

I can build you whatever kind of box you want, for whatever subs in whatever amount. lol

And Chris that box isnt that huge...lol Just a tad over 2 1/2 cubes ;) But damn is it loud... And sounds good I bet too.

I can build you whatever kind of box you want, for whatever subs in whatever amount. lol

And Chris that box isnt that huge...lol Just a tad over 2 1/2 cubes ;) But damn is it loud... And sounds good I bet too.

Took up the trunk in my Acura pretty damn good!