Is it time for summer mode?

97loudcut

I am thinking about mounting my wheels to my tires, painting my calipers on Sunday, and possibly throwing my new wheels on next week.

Today I washed the car up and took out the heavy duty winter floor mats and put my mint condition original floor mats :biggrin:.

I also think it is time for a nice engine detail, possibly steam clean.

So is anyone else getting their car in summer mode yet, or are you holding off?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• Euro

• terryk2003

• GOT2B GM

The TGP came out of the garage today for its first drive of the year!! Only to go back in the garage and I took the x-over and turbo out this evening. :lol:

I'm going to wait until it's NOT going to rain for a few days before I even touch the car. I actually did 95% of the plastic interior pieces already, but still have some trim to clean up good and get the carpets cleaned up just a touch. I have some kick ass heavy plastic mats that keep almost all of the stuff off of the floor. (My G/F loves me...lol)

But...before the car gets treatment...the bike comes out of the shed!

There is no summer mode. My paint looks like ass and I'm slowly losing interest in my car.

Welcome to how I feel about the Regal. Thank you GM. Thank you for using the worst primer ever concocted.

There is no summer mode. My paint looks like ass and I'm slowly losing interest in my car.

Welcome to how I feel about the Regal. Thank you GM. Thank you for using the worst primer ever concocted.

woot, x3 on the Lumina

and summer mode?? I woke up to 2" on snow on Wednesday lol...fuckit'll be mid April before all this shit is gone away hahaa

i'm holding out til Easter weekend!...hopefully the weather is decent, and i'll be using those 3 days to wash/clay/buff/wax the GTP and throw the new wheels & tires on...

It was summer mode a month ago here!

Today is 64, but that's only because it's rainy. Yesterday was 77 and all the rest of the week was in the 70's. I put the chrome 077's back on 2-weeks ago, but I could have done it much earlier.

Mild snow-less winters are kind of nice, although I miss the winters of the 80's and early 90's when we could expect tons of snow that stuck around for awhile. I guess Al Gore is right about the global warming thing...

I'm in summer mode as soon as the snow melted out of my driveway, got the car all cleaned up, not detailed yet but thats coming, powerwashed the engine, used the hoist at my uncles shop and washed the underside real good, then the city shits itself and every road in the city is under water doesnt matter where you went, water everywhere... so i have washed the car a couple times but its still dirty

I'll be in summer mode once the new 3.1mpfi engine(came with the car) gets installed in the car. Then the insurance will be switched over to the Cutlass.