Who has a Chipped TGP?

89GPSE

That might be true if the ECM think there is a 195 in there. :question:

I had a topgun chip in my old car and it made a nice difference.

Who is feeding you guys this BS? :rolleyes:

The ECM and 02 sensor could give two shakes of a shit what the temp is. Do you think the car is staying in open loop because it is -10*F or 195*F outside? The only thing that you may be confusing that stays on or off at given temps is the EGR valve. That is not going to give you any noticable performance gain either!

I could get into what is happening with the TG chip...but honestly you get what you pay for.

Factory is almost always best run a 180 stat in your engine will keep it in open loop 90 percent of the time

Who told you that?

The fact that I have a 180 stat in mine and it doesn't go into closed loop since the engine doesn't get any hotter than 150 degrees... Stays in open loop the whole time... :wink: GM ECMs ignore the O2 until it gets near NOT, or around 160 degrees... Of course with stock programming this is true...

Please show me where in the GM chip it says or defines that temp?

In every OBDI chip program I have looked at there is a TEMP SET C/L Determination number. ALL of them are 91.71 Degrees F. Problem is the PCM is constantly looking to see if the 02 sensor is ready or not. As soon as it sees it is sensing it will immediately switch over to closed loop. The PCM wants to control the fuel mix and not leave it to set tables (open loop) while warming or holding temp.

Now there are delays also in place for the 02 sensor to have time to warm up and begin sensing before the PCM even looks at it.

Those are:

Cold Delay = 180 seconds

Warm Delay = 32 seconds

Hot Delay = 6 seconds

But again if the 02 sensor is operating properly and lights off before those times, the PCM will see the voltage fluctuations and switch over to Closed Loop early. Any 02 sensor that is working properly should take no more than 1 minute MAXIMUM to fire off from even cool exhaust gases to be live and sensing.

-Kenny