Who has a Chipped TGP?

89GPSE

Go with the Kenny Chip. Best TGP chip available.

x2 PM Kenny, he will give you a phone #. Call that number and you will talk to him and find out. :cool:

Go with the Kenny Chip. Best TGP chip available.

Do you have one? and how much did he charge?

I don't. but from everything I've read, it's better than Jeff M and you can actually get a hold of him unlike Jeff. I think it's around 350 ish don't quote me on that. But do what Nick said.

I did talk to Kenny, he quoted me $800 for the chip, cross-over pipe, and O2 sensor all in one package, but it is a little out of my price range right now and was hoping I could find something closer to what I want to spend right now.

Dave (Invasion1) did my chip, but I believe he stepped aside to let Kenny do the chips...Dave's chip frackin rocks! Kenny did my crossover and he kicked as on it!....$800 for a custom burned chip, custom crossover, and AC Delco O2 sensor is right on. He isn't trying to cheat you out of the money...If you break it down, I BELIEVE, but don't quote me, it's $350 for the chip, $350 for the crossover, and $100 for the sensor? I don't know for sure, but that all adds up to $800. And the quality he uses is exactly what you pay for. You can't go wrong. Trust me, if you are in NEED of getting the crossover done, do that first...wait on the chip, as it really doesn't pay until you have you crossover done. I speak from experience :redface:

there are other alternatives, and I have a TG160 that I might be willing to part with. Used, but very minimally. Not like it really matters anyway. They were (gulp) I think $350-$400 back in the day when I bought one, for my other TGP. This one came with the car when I got it. PM me if you are interested, but like said above, don't chip it until the crossover is fixed, pointless.

I paid $5000 for my Jeff M chip. Came with a free low mileage TGP.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd say if you can't afford the chip, x-over and O2 from kenny at once, buy the x-over and O2 from him now, and then when you can afford the chip, do the chip.

But like others have said, it's best to do the x-over FIRST then add a chip.

This I know, if you had to explain that to someone they shouldn't drive a turbo anything.

This I know, if you had to explain that to someone they shouldn't drive a turbo anything.

:leaving: good thing I don't own a turbo

j/k

man this topic comes up A LOT

I'll just reiterate that Kenny(TGpilot) on the TGPforums does pretty much eveyones TGP chips now. Didn't Skalor on this board do TGP chips too at one point or was that something else?

BTW, krenzy (You're Grinders 18 on the TGP board, right?) the $800 includes shipping too, because an O2 sensor isn't that much and anyone can go buy one of those, but don't bother until you fix the X-over cause it'll just foul again.

man this topic comes up A LOT

I'll just reiterate that Kenny(TGpilot) on the TGPforums does pretty much eveyones TGP chips now. Didn't Skalor on this board do TGP chips too at one point or was that something else?

BTW, krenzy (You're Grinders 18 on the TGP board, right?) the $800 includes shipping too, because an O2 sensor isn't that much and anyone can go buy one of those, but don't bother until you fix the X-over cause it'll just foul again.

Yeah I'm grinders_18 on TGPForums.com.

Also, on the subject of $100 O2 sensors, if you're a dumbass like me, and you keep buying the same damn Bosch sensors cuz thats all the parts stores carry on hand, then you DO go through roughly $100 on the O2 sensors lol. Aren't the Delco one's more expensive though? I thought I remembered hearing they were around the hundred mark...could be wrong.

I paid 25 for my O2 sensor from the dealer. And the ones from the dealer are Turbo Specific. This is what I was told by "other" turbo gods, and have found from personal experience.

I know I bought my chip from skalor, but it is a Jeff M chip.

I have. And you can tell if you have the correct O2 sensor by the color of the wire. Its suppose to be purple.

Hmm....Pretty sure the o2 on my 2.8 car is purple wire too....

I've run two Bosch O2's in both my Turbo's and they both failed in less than 15k, sometimes less. Even after the cross over change they still sucked. I will never buy another one, GM FTW.

I have. And you can tell if you have the correct O2 sensor by the color of the wire. Its suppose to be purple.

As said above, purple or green (GM), most likely doesn't matter. anything else is just aftermarket and recommended against.

a number of guys are using heated 3 or 4 wired O2s, and they're obviously not turbo specific but we have no problems (mine's got two black/1 white wires)

• 2 weeks later...

$25 for a GM 02 sensor? At the dealer? They are $70.70 list price. I sell them to folks for $55 shipped.

Run a Bosch 02 sensor on a LG5 motor and it will fail real soon on you. I have run GM sensors on my LG5s for YEARS at a time and they still wake up and sense when they should and have a real nice response wave when datalogging. I have seen brand new Bosch 02 sensors on these and other GM cars I have tuned that are so speratic and jagged edged I am surprised the PCM does not just stay in open loop to not be so confused. :lol:

I have gotten numerous GM 02 sensors from the dealer. Some purple, some black, some green. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE!