Hood Louvre P/N

SuperBuick

Guest Anonymous

I'm pretty sure they are not made for the TGP anymore. But on the other hand I believe the early GTP's had the same louvers. Don't quote me on that though.

either/or, I'm not too worried about which ones, I just don't want those little dinky 3 inch ones on the later GTPs, I like the big long turbo-esque ones. - Tom

Probably hood stability. The large holes make the hood a little flimsy on the older ones. The newer ones are non functional anyway, they are blocked off from underneath.

The grile is part number 12504748. Last checked the price on just the outer grille was $67. All the parts together are about $200. I think the underside piece and the screen are about $130.

I'd say the TGP hood is sure flimsy, but it may have something to do with the hack job that they did to put them in. I think if I did it myself with a dremel I could have made straighter cuts :)

Guest Anonymous
I'd say the TGP hood is sure flimsy, but it may have something to do with the hack job that they did to put them in. I think if I did it myself with a dremel I could have made straighter cuts :)

I've had both of mine out and they look laser cut. They are very straight. :mrgreen:

No matter how you cut it, if you use GM parts to install it, you have to cut the support structure somewhat. This is really what does it. THe original cuts on mine and my brothers look like they were done with a 2yr old and a jig saw. Can't really justify the $1000 price GM wants for a new TGP hood WITHOUT the louvres, just the holes.

Chris