Turn signal stalk

350TPI

I am in the process of putting my steering wheel back together due to having to change out the key cylinder.I took it apart last night in the dark almost and i cannot remember how the turn signal stalk goes back in.I see there is a hole that a screw goes in that keeps there but on the other end how does it go?There is this black piece that you can push in and out(dimmer maybe?).Does the arm of the stalk go on that black movable piece or does it go beside,below,etc?Iwas going to take this to a shop but i couldnt get it to crank so i am stuck doing it.For the most part it isnt that bad except i am stuck right now.Thanks to anyone who responds :mrgreen:

Ok,i got it back together except no the key reminder (ding ding)is constantly going off whether the doors are opened or closed and it doesnt matter if the key is in it.How do i disable this?Please help!!

did you insert the reminder thing properly beneath the key cylinder? are you sure is is the lock reminder? it shouldn't be going off with the doors shut. if you must you will see the wires to the key reminder are green and black. trace them out the bottom of the column and snip the green wire till you figure out what exactly you did wrong.

The key chime would not go back when i was putting the wheel back together.It was getting dark and the mosquitos are already biting so i got tired of it and put it back together.I will try looking for it by the blower motor.Thanks again manic mechanic :mrgreen:

Well,i found the fuse that controls the chime but unfortunately it also controls the stop lamps.Anyone else?

yeah sorry i forgot that it is paired on with the stop lamps.