Wiring Diagrams, 89 GP

BXX

Just so y'all know, I have AllData on my 89 GP.... So anyone wanting wiring diagrams or any other info, gimme a holler... BTW, here is a little teaser :lol:

DIC Wiring

41912115.jpg

I have my 3 Service Manuals for my 92 GP as well. Still, I dont like the look of wiring a DIC. But I'll have to do it someday. Maybe Gearhead has some update installs on it?

What, they installed it and can't get it to work??? Hahaha.... Maybe they didn't understand you have to bypass the factory amp that is behind the glovebox

Wow.. Nobody knows??? You Don't have to Wire up a DIC.... You just need to remove the complete DIC wiring harness from a 88-93 GP... And plug it into yours... I can do it in 1 hour tops... Then the DIC would be plug and PLAY...

Your Welcome... But getting the connector from behind the C100 interior firewall without cutting the wiores is tricky but can be done.. Once you pull the front half off, the interior firewall plug is attached with 2 7 mm screws.. Once those are out. You have access behind the firewall connector and you can pull the connector plug for the DIC wiring out... JUST REMEMBER. NO WIRES HAVE TO BE CUT.... NO CUT WIRES!! It's all plug and play.. and I mean it.. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well, I snapped those 2 bolts off. haha. Looking at mine I have the wires running back to there too. How do you get them out? My car was prewired for HUD, would it be prewired for the DIC too? From what I can remember, its has the same amount of wires going there I think. But when I follow the wires it seem more are going to the back. The only problem is, I just put my whole interior back together in the back.

Ok, I went to the junkyard and got it! Now I just need to install it on mine. Good thing I did all my breaking on the junkyard's car. :lol:

Thanks for the info!