Axle Nut

Olds88Cutlass

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly every GM FWD uses that size.....most part stores have the GM FWD axle nut socket in stock.

N/J bodys are 30mm, my s10 blazer and w's are 36 (but a 35mm fits-ish)

Nearly every GM FWD uses that size.....most part stores have the GM FWD axle nut socket in stock.

N/J bodys are 30mm, my s10 blazer and w's are 36 (but a 35mm fits-ish)

A 35 would fit better than a 36 but they dont make a 35. Goes right from 34 to 36. Just used one today as a matter of fact, changing my wheel bearing, again.

actually, all w-bodies are 35mm... yes they do make 35mm axle nut sockets.... most places don't have them, but some places rent them when you get an entire set.

actually, all w-bodies are 35mm... yes they do make 35mm axle nut sockets.... most places don't have them, but some places rent them when you get an entire set.

i have never seen one. I've always used a 36mm

I have a 1 and 13/32" socket, and it fits better than the 36 mm I've had to borrow before I got that. It's also a 1 inch drive. That set must weigh about 45 lbs.

i have never seen one. I've always used a 36mm

I took this pic earlier at work to prove that AutoZone sells them

35mmsocket.jpg