pioneer DEH-P77DH

J

Have the 47 version, as well as the Premier model 77+. Love the decks. and if you have steering wheel controls, the 77 is remote able, so its easy to do the SWI thingy. My only complaint is that Pioneer isnt going to be updating the HU, and its already behind the times with MP3 and WMA and what not.. It was a tuff decision for me, I decided to go back to the Stock CD player for my TGP. it sounds a little better, and because its stock, no one wants to steal it.

I agree, the 1.5 din does look better. Too bad it doesn't have the greatest features in the world.

Only a 3band eq, and a 1 bit d-a convertor, thats kinda low. But... then again, theres not many options when it comes to the 1.5 din world.

my cousin has that, too pricy for my blood or bank account

You don't plan on getting rid of the car do you?

Anyways, I think that deck would seriously take away from the car.

take away from the car??? it's a '94 Cutlass, not 2007 BMW....fwiw: flip out screens look like complete piss, IMHO....plus you also have the single din eyesore when the screen in not out

i agree with both of these. if you plan on keeping it, why not go all out (at some point, i know money doesnt grow on trees). but why get a 1.5 din and not be happy with not many functions, not to mention the fact that that deck has been around for like 6 years or so. My eventual plan is to get a dvd HU in the factory spot and have a screen somewhere in the sport pod.

EDIT: oh, is this in the cutty or the lumi?

Jay, i will say the one thing that's nice about the single din radio in my car is that since the cutlass position is so far away, the installation kit puts it closer to you. That DEH-1600 that's in there works awesome, but whatever you want.

I know it has a remote turn on and at least one if not two sets of preamp outputs. It doesn't have like a wired or wireless remote but its 50x4 MOSFET so its not a bad stereo at all. It has LOUD and FIE and crap like that. Its basically a 2004 model $120 headunit but its nice working and has a removeable face. It has a factory adaptor on it and i didn't cut the stock harness so the world is your oyster! The power antenna goes up and down with the key since it backfed through the remote turn on lead when i was installing it.

Glad you're excited. Hope it works as good for you as it did for me (i drove it for 42k).

There is a Alpine HU that is also 1.5 din, I think kenwood made one, and a couple other ones. I have heard that the Alpine unit is really nice, but confusing to use. One thing you could do is get the 77 Pioneer, and get a MP3/WMA cd changer, and be good..

anything you guys suggest that is better?

Double DIN conversion! :lol:

After I did it on my truck, I'll never go back.

Congrats on the new ride, I sure miss a lot when I'm only here sporadically.

there really isn't much room around that HU for anything bigger than the stock radio. the depth is horrible...hell the adaptor connector is on top of the single din radio!

I was looking at double din radios and they are FRIGGIN HUGE, i think i'm going to grab a 2000's cd player from a chevy or something

they really aren't that bad once you get used to them...I bet your trailblazer had a double din...plus they have a 1000000000x more features then any 1.5 din on the planet

i bet ya $100 it did too! But we are comparing the dash opening that we could fit my forearm into, to one that cuts the shits out of my fingers installing radios in

you have fat fingers...plus the actual difference is size between 1.5 din and double din is only 1" in height