worst 3800 carnage ive ever seen

kuntzie

that blows i read his thread on clubgp....someone owes him a new motor

Yeah, It sounds to me like zzp. But he would have a tough time getting anything out of them. My jaw dropped when i seen his pics though,.....DAYYUM.

Not really seeing how ZZP would be responsible either.. a bad tune at 60% throttle is not just gonna destroy a crank (not likely in a case like this, anyway). Definetly had to do with the lightening.

that L67 got fucked up.. crank carnage sure isn't something we see everyday.

I love how the guy tries to blame ZZP for his problems, which does appear that they had anything to with :rolleyes:

he ends up saying on page 3 that it was def not ZZPs fault.

I love how the guy tries to blame ZZP for his problems, which does appear that they had anything to with :rolleyes:

he ends up saying on page 3 that it was def not ZZPs fault.

werd!...those where his thoughts before taking the engine apart...he figured it out after he saw the carnage that it wasnt from the tune...

Wow. drop 10 grand on a car and that shit happens. remind me not to put 'lighten the crank' on my list of mods to do. yikes!

LOLz!...truth is, STOCK shortblock is FTW on these cars!...nobody can build a 3800 worth a damn!...they all go BOOM eventually!

EDIT: on that note...i think STONEY's trying to be cool too...check his out: http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=3609740&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

less rotating mass ftw.

that said, it probably wasn't balanced correctly afterwards. I can easily see how off-balance vibrations could rip that thing apart.

ouch that would piss me off!!

that said, it probably wasn't balanced correctly afterwards.

x2 it happens alot people get a crank modded (ect.) they are told get it balanced but think it will be fine then something like this happens and they try to blame the company that did the work.

He probably either overrevved or was beating on it beforehand. or maybe one of the crank bearings gave out causing it to sieze up and fail making the crank snap. There are tons of possiblities.

Also wasn't he doing 90 in 2nd. I don't know what rpm that is but for daily driving that would be excessive. Maybe Im wrong.

He probably either overrevved or was beating on it beforehand. or maybe one of the crank bearings gave out causing it to sieze up and fail making the crank snap. There are tons of possiblities.

Also wasn't he doing 90 in 2nd. I don't know what rpm that is but for daily driving that would be excessive. Maybe Im wrong.

ehh...FWIW: my car is still in 2nd gear @ 99mph through the traps when i'm racing...soo, 90mph in 2nd gear isnt that excessive...:lol: