Goodyears new line of tires.

97loudcut

I have Tripletreads on the Cavalier and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are the cat's ass in snow, and they are great in the rain, no hydroplaning at all. I bought them because I wanted the best all season (inclement weather) tire I could get, and they fit the bill very well.

I have Tripletreads on the Cavalier and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are the cat's ass in snow, and they are great in the rain, no hydroplaning at all.

To be very truthfull, I took my cat out into the snow around 12 noon today, we had 12" of snow. As soon as I sat her in it, she got pissed. Now, I don't know if this means shit towards Goodyears tires and cat's hating cold ass snow, but this is my experience.

BTW, I can post pics of my arm, if necessary.

Welp, the Fuzions suck....and so do nearly ALL of Goodyears normal tires.

i've been very happy w/ my ZRI's....although i've heard the HRi's suck..(no tread life)

My ZRi's are way better than my BFG KDW's ever were....

the ZRi's ride very nice....i drive crazy sometimes and did 5 passes on a autox circuit and there is hardly any wear on them....after 4k miles of very spirited driving.....they look new.

I think Cooper and some Firestone are the only tires still made in the USA. I think a few Goodyear's still are.... or were. Where are they made now, Korea?

i think this guy knows what he's talkin about! not sure about firestone, but i know cooper tires are made in USA...specifially the Mastercrafts...there may be a few goodyears made in the US still, but MOST are not...

I think Cooper and some Firestone are the only tires still made in the USA. I think a few Goodyear's still are.... or were. Where are they made now, Korea?

i think this guy knows what he's talkin about! not sure about firestone, but i know cooper tires are made in USA...specifially the Mastercrafts...there may be a few goodyears made in the US still, but MOST are not...

Like I said before, show me where this is true.

i tried to find some facts, but came up empty handed...everything that said they WERE made in the US dated back to the 90's...i do know that my uncle owns a tire store (which i used to work at), and he's managed goodyear tire stores for about 30 years, and thats where i was getting most of my info...i did find a few tire plants in the US on goodyears website, but i found ALOT more in other countries...

Some old info, but...

http://www.usstuff.com/cartires.htm

Now they say Firestone/Bridgestone is a foreign OWNED company, I don't know where they're producing the tires. Best way to know is look for a stamp on the tire, or the new tire label. It's required for all products to state the country of origin as per the Free Trade Agreement.

Some old info, but...

http://www.usstuff.com/cartires.htm

Now they say Firestone/Bridgestone is a foreign OWNED company, I don't know where they're producing the tires. Best way to know is look for a stamp on the tire, or the new tire label. It's required for all products to state the country of origin as per the Free Trade Agreement.

Yeah, I know alot of the tires at Wal-Mart have stamps on them. Tomorrow I'll check out the goodyears we carry and see what it says.

My ZRi's are way better than my BFG KDW's ever were....

the ZRi's ride very nice....i drive crazy sometimes and did 5 passes on a autox circuit and there is hardly any wear on them....after 4k miles of very spirited driving.....they look new.

Weird...because I have KDWs on my Beretta right now...and they seem to work quite well. The sidewall is a lot stiffer the the Firestone SZ50s I had on it previous, in fact it took 90 psi to fully seat the bead.....perhaps its because I went to a 225/50 from a 205/55.

As far as a tire not showing wear after abuse....thats generally a good thing as far as overall grip is concerned.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHP

The KDWs are listed a few notces higher than the ZRi....the KDW also has larger tread blocks...they tend to squirm less in a corner than the longer narrower blocks found on the ZRi.

Anyone else think the Fuzion ZRi looks like the Bridgestone RE750?

i will say the ZRi's have a softer side wall...i dont care about that as much because i like the ride they give....the KDW's i had had a pretty stiff ride....

the ZRi's seem to have a softer feel to them when touched by hand ....the KDW's had a pretty hard rubber on them......they gripped well till thier threshold and then no traction at all....

The ZRi's still grip even after they lose it (which is pretty hard to do)....

Update:

As of Friday I checked the tires at Wal-Mart. All of Wal-Marts Goodeyear's which are specific to Wal-Mart are made in the US. I also checked a '04 GP with Eagle LS's and they also said Made in the US.

I have to agree with about 90% of what Canada says..........

I see even more cars than him daily, although he actually DRIVES a bunch more........

Most Good-for-a-years are VERY sensitive to tire pressures and WILL comit suicide if you don't rotate them VERY regularly.

I think Regatta 2's are ok if you want a smooth ride, long life and decent snow/wet traction for a decent price.

Likewise, the Assurance's are ok in the wet and snow, but WAY overpriced for what they do.

Same thing with Eagle F1 Supercars...........they are AWESOME dry handling tires. But my Azenis' are just as good and cost less than 1/2 as much.

Basically, generally speaking, the majority of Goodyears blow ass.............BIG TIME.