Goodyears new line of tires.

97loudcut

http://www.fiercetires.com/index.html?message=thankyou

Goodyear released a new line of tires, 'Fierce.' They are said to compete with Bridgestone/Firestones 'Fuzion' line. They were originally going to name the tires Essenzas.

I guess some good things are going down with these tires. The reason I am posting this is because I got a set off of eBay for $400 shipped! You can see the auction below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300035099231&rd=1&rd=1

I am actually kind of geeked now, after seeing that they are some decent tires and I got a great deal. I was over at the BMW forum and a couple guys were RAVING about them. If BMW guys like them, they've got to be good.

What do you guys think of all this?

BTW, here is the press release

http://www.goodyear.com/media/pr/23251ti.html

right on. i havent heard of these, but they look good, and im partial to the Goodyear performance tires too(like the f1 gs-d3). 400 shipped is a steal!! you get to be our guinea pig, make sure to let us know how good they are after like 10k miles. how many miles are you supposed to get outta those tires anyway?

Welp, the Fuzions suck....and so do nearly ALL of Goodyears normal tires.

$100 a tire is pretty high....for something as common as a 225/60/16....hell, Sumitomo HTR Z II would be a better tire, and they are only $69 each plus shipping.....which is usually $30-$40 for a set.

I'm running a 235/45/18 which is hardly anything close to a "normal" size. Anyone can vouch that most tire manufacturers do not carry that size.

I am also curious what are "normal" Goodyear tires, and how do they suck?

:thumbsdown: for 45 series tires on 18" rims

Jeremy, if your saying that then you do not consider aspect ratio!

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

My stock tire size is 225/60/r16. First put in your 245/40/18 then try my 235/45/18 and see which is closer. BTW, I considered the 245/40 for awhile but GnatGoSplat convinced me to use the 235.. I think I will be happy.

Normal Goodyear tires are the rest of their lineup. For example....Eagle LS, Eagle GA, Regatta 2, or RSA....all of them are overly sensitive to tire pressures, and flat out suck. Read some of the reviews on TireRack.

The Assurance TripleTred is rated high on TireRack.....but its selling point of having three sections of tire is a joke.

The Eagle F1 lineup isn't much better.....the Eagle F1 Supercaar on the C6 Z06 however is the exception.

The *only* Goodyear tire that is worth money is their off-road Wrangler MT/R.

As far as 235/45/18 goes.....that is an expensive size to be at....going to the slightly taller Impala SS tire of 235/50/18 opens a few more doors.

But if you just drive your car to and from the car shows, having big and heavy wheels with tires that suck....it doesn't really matter.

I was talking strictly on looks, I don't believe that the factory speedometer are all that accurate anyway to the point that a 3-4% speed differential would even be noticeable one way or the other.

Normal Goodyear tires are the rest of their lineup. For example....Eagle LS, Eagle GA, Regatta 2, or RSA....all of them are overly sensitive to tire pressures, and flat out suck. Read some of the reviews on TireRack.

The Assurance TripleTred is rated high on TireRack.....but its selling point of having three sections of tire is a joke.

The Eagle F1 lineup isn't much better.....the Eagle F1 Supercaar on the C6 Z06 however is the exception.

The *only* Goodyear tire that is worth money is their off-road Wrangler MT/R.

As far as 235/45/18 goes.....that is an expensive size to be at....going to the slightly taller Impala SS tire of 235/50/18 opens a few more doors.

But if you just drive your car to and from the car shows, having big and heavy wheels with tires that suck....it doesn't really matter.

You have no idea if these tires suck, and therefor your point is invalid.

I have Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads as my winter tires and they're awesome. Not to mention Goodyear Fortera's which are really nice tires. Goodyear has been around forever and tons of vehicles come with them a OEM equipment, so they can't be that bad. You're filling this thread up with biased views.

I was talking strictly on looks, I don't believe that the factory speedometer are all that accurate anyway to the point that a 3-4% speed differential would even be noticeable one way or the other.

I am concerned mainly with wheel gap (hence me lowering the car) and ride quality. Now GnatGoSplat is the only one who I talked to that has had a 235/45/18 and 245/40/18 on a w-body. He said that there is noticeable gap with the 40 series and it rides rougher. He said the 235/45/18's on Penny's Cutlass Convertible (sexy ass car BTW) look great, and if he had to do it again he would go with 235/45. So, him being the only person who has experienced both I took his advice.

We will see though.

I DO know that the rest of Goodyear's tires suck (other than the F1 Supercar and MT/R)........I have driven nearly ever single tire they make in dry, rain, and snow. Plus, I see nearly ever single tire they make on a daily basis in various stages of wear...and if you don't keep the pressure exact, they wear poorly.

I'll admit it, I don't know how the Gatorade tires are.....but just because they changed the name on the sidewall, doesn't mean its better. I'm also basising my view on the fact that nearly everything redesigned for the tuner person sucks.

I have also driven the TripleGay on multiple vechiles.....ranging from Ventures to Impalas...even a TrailBlazer....they are one of the better tires they make...however, *I* thought there straight-line traction wasn't as great as it could of been....and they had very soft sidewalls...granted this made for a better grandma ride.

The Forteras.....lets see....I have driven Rodeos and again TrailBlazers with these on.....for a passenger SUV tire they weren't that bad....they did wear VERY oddly on the Rodeo....

Just because they are OEM doesn't mean they are good....a lot of GM cars have Goodyear tires....but, I think its mainly because Goodyear gets them to GM cheaper than any other supplier.

Seriously....read some of the reviews on the internet....not to many people have many good things to say about them, even if they have been around as long as father time.....or the only tire that NASCAR uses.

i wouldnt put Goodyear tires on my bicycle...they're overpriced pieces of shit!...as the guy that i bought my tires once said..."you know why the call them goodyear!?"..."cause you're lucky if you get one GOOD YEAR out of em"...

anywayz, @ least you got a deal on em!...good luck!

I have Goodyear winter tires...though they offer great traction and everything they are impossible to balance them properly since they've been balanced twice by two reputable shops and within a week or so the fucking car will start to shake at 60mph again...oh well all the more reason that I want summer to come back/snow to melt

I also have the goodyear assurance tires on my car for winter and i have no complants and the wear is fine. Also matt i think you made a good choice with the 235/45/18....i have 235/45/20's on my car and i am pleased with the ride quality and stance of my car considering im lowering it and if i went with anything bigger i would rub!

I haven't heard anything about these new tires.

With that said just because BMW guys like them doesn't mean they are better tires! I mean thats like saying well the guy at Discount Tire said they where the shit so they must be awesome!

As for Goodyear's tires sucking, sorry Matt they cheaper ones do. The reason they come on vehicles new is because they are cheap. Stock tires are cheap! Granted, I'm not the greatest when it comes to rating tires. I have Fortera's on my truck and I have no complaints although they don't seem like the greatest thing in the world either. I really need new shocks and stuff first before I can give an accurate review. Like Canada, said just because the tires have been around forever doesn't mean they are great!

Personally, I like Goodyear mostly because they are made in the USA other than that, they are more of an adequate/decent tire manufacture.

In short, Matt please turn your ego down.

Just to add one last thing; Fram sells a shitload of oil filters a year, does that mean they are the best? NO!

I

Personally, I like Goodyear mostly because they are made in the USA other than that, they are more of an adequate/decent tire manufacture.

you may wanna do some research on that one! :wink:

I

It's true, most of there tires are made here.

I

if you really belive that, then i've got some ocean front property in Iowa for sale too...

I have Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread on my factory witner rims of my Intrigue and they are probably about the same as the Goodyear Eagle LS that the car came with. I ran those 52k into the ground, they were average. I had little complaints but they don't compare to the Michelin's I run on about every thing else I own. I got these froma salvage yard on Cleveland that came with the wheels with less than 1,800 miles on them. Not my choice but they are good enough for daily driving. Matt I like the look of the sidewall and tread pattern, if they perform as good as they look, youre in for a good tire. Let us know and keep us posted.

I

if you really belive that, then i've got some ocean front property in Iowa for sale too...

Show me some proof otherwise.......But like I said most of their tires are made in the U.S. from what I know of. My buddy has triple treads on his GTP and he likes them, although he seems to think they are a performance tire.