My Cutlass Project. HOMGZ! (Carnage pics; btm of page 4)

digitaloutsider

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• digitaloutsider

• slick

• 99RegalGS

• IRONDOG442

I agree with slick, I don't think it will fit. All that work, I'd rather get an LS4.

I haven't really been paying attention, what is wrong with your Cutlass' body that you would want to scrap it?

I'm not that huge of a fan of the LX5 or any 90-degree V6 for that matter. The reason for the lower redline is probably the balance shaft which is required since the engine is out of balance without it. 60-degrees is naturally balanced, what a V6 should be. Although, I guess the LQ1 isn't much better with its stupid dummy camshaft.

The body is rusty, the rear suspension is destroyed, the heater core leaks, the entire A/C needs to be replaced. The list goes on and on.

How rusty are we talking? Holes, or just surface?

Suspension is not gonna be perfect on any vehicle. If this is a project car, i'd replace everything with better no matter what.

Heater core is a half day job. It's worth the time and effort if it's gonna save you several $$$ on a new body.

Yank the AC and save yourself 30 lbs. Plus, creates room for tubing.

He lives in Georgia, I think he needs the AC! Even in Missouri it's necessary.

I would probably just fix that car too, unless it has holes in major structural members... like suspension parts falling off because they've lost their mounting locations!

The A/C has to stay. A black car in GA without A/C is absolutely unbearable.. and I've lived here my whole life.

The entire underbody is rusty. The subframe is rusty as hell. Adam ran the car into a ditch, and all the bolts having to do with the rear suspension are stuck with rust. They won't budge, PB Blaster or not. I simply DO NOT play the rust game. Why would I fuck with a rusty car when I can get one that has none on it at all? It doesn't make sense. The extra money I spend will be well worth the time and bloody knuckles I'd waste trying to get this one half as nice as the new one.

Oh, yeah I just remembered, the windshield is cracked too. And it was flooded.

Shaun, the rust wasn't THAT bad at all on the under body. At least to northern standards. lol

But I can agree, the rear suspension on that car is HORRIBLE!!!! It needs at least 1 new lateral arm, I could visibly see one bent. I never did get a straightedge and check the other ones though. It could possibly need trailing arms too.

I'd probably rebuild the car. lol

See, you guys deal with rust. I don't have to, and I refuse to. If I lived up north, it might be a different story, but I'm not fucking with that basketcase of a car. That's IT. NO MORE ABOUT SAVING THE CUTLASS, OKAY?! :lol:

Oh yeah, there ARE holes in the body of the car. I'll go take pictures in a little bit.

Yeah you defintly got PWN3D in that trade.

How so? Just because Shaun traded a "dime a dozen" fuckin Bonneville for a 1 of 109 (IIRC) DOHC 5 speed Cutlass? Yea, driving that boat with the Automatic.. Definitely got owned hardcore in that one.. :rolleyes:

I think he got a great trade there.. Because it isnt hard to swap subframes.. He will still have a 1 of 109 DOHC 5 speed Cutlass..

You wanna come over and fix the massive holes in either side of it? lol

And FWIW, I can't say the Bonneville was exactly dime a dozen. It was rather loaded as far as SSE's go, and red is rare in itself. To this day, I've never seen a red Bonneville with those wheels.

Hey, take what you need off the cutlass and send the rest my way. :mrgreen: Too bad your in GA I'd buy whats left of it. Could use alot of parts on my 1 of 109. Could definately use that pump and motor assembly for the ABS.

The Paint was kinda bad?? LOL The body was completely rust free though...

Anyway, I think it was a good trade. The Trans alone in the Cutlass is worth more than half of the value of the car. And FWIW, the Bonneville wasn't w/o problems either...