wtf is on my steering wheel???

BCM

Dirt?

Start with a good leather cleaner and work your way up the ladder to some stronger cleaners.

If it dont budge, time for some hard scrubbing. I've had to take steering wheels to the sink with dawn and a plastic steel wool scrubbie before some shit comes off.

I had that on my caddi everytime i drove it i had to rub my hands or wash them because they would be dirty and sticky...Phucking gay if u ask me hated it..I would imagine leather wipes would help :neutral:

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

That will DESTROY the leather, trust me on this one. I know first hand.

If it's just dirt, i'll come off with some Meguiars Interior Quik Detailer. If it's actually the same problem i have, it's the leather and the wheel needs to be replaced. Unfortunately, my wheel is stuck on the car, and it's not coming off any time soon.

Yeah, I don't why but we can tack this up to some more GM bullshit.

Seriously, I can't name how many interior parts suck since all the shit wears off or falls apart.

Window switches, steering wheels, etc.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

That will DESTROY the leather, trust me on this one. I know first hand.

didn't hurt the leather in my mom's Acura?? How hard did you scrub with the eraser...I barely put any pressure against the leather and everything came off with minimal effort

Acura either doesn't "paint" their leather, or just uses a better coating.

Get an aerosol can of "Tuff Stuff" Spray on, use a medium nylon brush to work it into any dirt, wipe off with a terry-cloth. Once clean, apply Leather conditioner, then wipe off. Don't want the surface to get too slippery.

I'm liking the interior color contrast, btw!

• 2 weeks later...

My green GP does that- people drive with their hands in different places than I put mine and they complain about little black dirt specks all over their hands. :lol:

i got that wit mine..if i wear like cargo shorts in the summer amd the steering wheel rubs on it then i got a black streak on my leg

My steering wheel looks like that in the 94, except the leather in disintegrating at the 11:00 position, continuing down to the 1:00 position or so.. I am planing to get a steering wheel w/o the leather on it and then stich my own cover, or use a wheelskinz like Kevin (SidcoStudd).. He absolutely loves his covers..

I also thought of an STS or some other Caddy steering wheel w/ the woodgrain on the wheel.. (I'd cover the wood grain or remove it.. I HATE woodgrain, lol)