Who had their GP tails pro. sprayed?

Psych0matt

I searched but couldnt find it. I think it was a green GP, 94-96, like MelsGTP, although I don't think it was him. They had their tails tinted at a shop that sprayed them in the booth. that thread would be helfpul, but not important.

I searched but couldnt find it. I think it was a green GP, 94-96, like MelsGTP, although I don't think it was him. They had their tails tinted at a shop that sprayed them in the booth. that thread would be helfpul, but not important.

i'm pretty sure you're talking about JNGTP94...he had the taillights done on his old green GP...i THINK (not positive) that he worked for a body shop or something...he also had the tails painted silver on his new GTP...

ahh, thanks. I wanted to see if he'd do my tails, for $ of course

I have a buddy that works at a body shop here in Michigan that can do them professionally. ....probably run you $75-80 though....LMK if you want me to get you in touch with him....he does do great work

What is so "proffessional" about this tinting you guys are talking about. I must have done 7 cars with Niteshades and had 4 friends do a ton of cars and they all turned out good-Excelent. Can someone post a picture of a proff tint job on a taillight? I must be missing something. If you pay shipping & materials ($12 per can)I would do your tails for $40. I can send you some pics of cars I have done.

What is so "proffessional" about this tinting you guys are talking about. I must have done 7 cars with Niteshades and had 4 friends do a ton of cars and they all turned out good-Excelent. Can someone post a picture of a proff tint job on a taillight? I must be missing something. If you pay shipping & materials ($12 per can)I would do your tails for $40. I can send you some pics of cars I have done.

It's tinting the tails body colored. Like blue, red, silver etc. Very cool look.

EDIT: no, not body colored, tinting them, not painting them

well, I can't find niteshades, and the guy that had his done ended up darker and shinier, and they shined light through better than with niteshades. I just know his turned out really well, and I only have one set of lip taillights, and I would rather have them done good instead of trying to use the krylon stuff I used on my front corners. It worked pretty good, but takes way too much time and patience to get them too look good, and since the taillights are so much bigger and not straight and flat, I don't want to risk it with that

his first set he and I used nightshades on, wetsanded then buffed with rubbing compound. They turned out ok, then he went to his shop and had special paint/nightshades sprayed with them.

On a couple of the cars we have all done we never needed to wet sand but we did have to polish a few of them They have turned out dark, shiny, and the lights show through. I CANNOT paint but so far I have had GREAT luck with the NS. I think Summit has niteshades or maybe Eastwood. If you cant find something these days your aint lookin. http://motors.search.ebay.com/nite-shades

Here is a pic of some of the cars I did.

My first attempt We had to put some 3M finnessit on and buff a bit :redface:

civictaillightsmediumiu7.jpg

No Buffing :cool:

toyotacln2ma4.jpg

No buffing whatsoever couldnt if I wanted to

taillightniteshade2mediry3.jpg

My friends 88 Formula 350 some buffing done.

shuffformula350mediumzr9.jpg

Thats all I have on my PUTER. But you get the idea.

djcredline, those all just look like typical nightshade applications. theres no gloss or anything to it.

Jason did the same work as the guy above with the sentra, which looks TONS better

djcredline, those all just look like typical nightshade applications. theres no gloss or anything to it.

Jason did the same work as the guy above with the sentra, which looks TONS better

:question: No gloss? OK, I dont really see much difference. You can see the reflection in them just like with the sentra. W/E Like it or not.