Synthetic oil users poll

Lexusfreak

What synthetic oil are you running & what grade?  

1. 1. What synthetic oil are you running & what grade?

• Amsoil
    • Mobil 1
    • Valvoline Synpower
    • Castrol Syntec
    • Quaker State
    • Pennzoil
    • Red Line
    • Royal Purple
    • Other (please specify)

Just curious what type of synthetic oil folks here are running in their rides. Feel free to add the grade of oil & type of oil filter if you wish. :mrgreen:

Amsoil ASL 5W 30 with Amsoil Ea synthetic oil filter for my 2 Subaru Foresters & the same for my Dad's 2002 Century Limited (switched from Mobil 1). :thumb:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• digitaloutsider

• 5speedz34

• 99RegalGS

• SigEpCutlass

Hehe -- or should I cry?

Anyways you guys should be happy that you don't need to pay an arm and a leg for your oil. Hold your pants the castrol syntetic costs $19.28 plus tax per quart over here (well per liter but there is 0.946 liters on a quart). To make things worse it's about the only brand you can buy :bash: -- no matter where you go all you see is castrol castrol and more castrol. Not that I don't like it but I kind of want to have some brands to choose from.

Now you think this is beacuse of taxes nope its not. There is no extra duty or taxes on lubrication oil, it's just pure profit since I don't think there is much of a difference in production costs between the US and Europe. Hmm maybe I should get into the export/import business?

Cheers Gimper....

PS: Na I don't use syntetic oil --- rather by Chevron 20 quarts for $40 at costco (yea we have them here to - but they only sell Castrol or Chevron and the Castrol still costs an arm and a leg) and change every 2000 miles or so...

SuperTech synthetic.

Wal-Mart loves you. :lol:

I use Amsoil in my dad's Envoy. I'm going to be switching shortly to Mobil 1 in my Sonoma, and I run Mobil 1 in my sisters GTP and the Lumina. Extended Performance FTW!!!

Brian why do you run 10W30?

I usually have to go between 10w30 in the summer and 5w30 in the winter. Its been getting cold enough here lately that Ive been getting those cold/hard starts lately.

I would switch to royal purple, but even at my cost, its too expensive, and besides when I took apart my motor, it was so clean with the Valvoline.... so if it works, why switch ya know

Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 Synthetic FTW!!!

How much more is the Series 2000 0W-30 over the ASL 5W 30 Sig :question:

I'm not exactly sure, but I think it's about $2 a quart more or so. If you go to their website, it should tell you for sure. Regardless, my Dad's been an Amsoil dealer since the 70's, so I get all their products at dealer price.

I'm running SuperTech synthetic for similar reasons:

1. $13 for a 5 quart jug!!

2. Easy to find. Just make a run to the local Wally-World.

3. Excellent detergent package. Right on par with (and sometimes a little better than) Mobil 1.

4. See #1.

Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 Synthetic FTW!!!

Why do you use such a thin oil?

I'm running Mobil 1 for 2 reasons.

1. $20 for a 5 quart jug!!

2. Easy to find in this area. Amsoil is hard to find around here.

Yeah, thats a shitty thing about Amsoil it can be hard to find.

I'm running SuperTech synthetic for similar reasons:

1. $13 for a 5 quart jug!!

2. Easy to find. Just make a run to the local Wally-World.

3. Excellent detergent package. Right on par with (and sometimes a little better than) Mobil 1.

4. See #1.

What do you mean by detergent package.

Synthetic is worth the extra $$$ if you ask me why?

1. It protects better and resets thermal breakdown, and wear from contaminants.

2. Better, cleaner parts last longer. Not to mention I can deal with the extra $$$ spent.

I usually have to go between 10w30 in the summer and 5w30 in the winter.

ditto

i've gone with valvoline synthetic,m mobile synthetic, and more recently with wallworld supertech.

so, just how good is the supertech for real?

I usually have to go between 10w30 in the summer and 5w30 in the winter.

ditto

i've gone with valvoline synthetic,m mobile synthetic, and more recently with wallworld supertech.

so, just how good is the supertech for real?

I recall sometime ago a guy that worked at Wally World telling me their Super-Tech is just re-badged quaker state. but who knows how true that is.

i run Castrol 10w-30.