Struts for 91 Z34

91Z34

Since I can't find Koni 8641-1270sport and 8641-1271sport struts :cry: . I may be forced to use KYB GR2 or GTShocks VFR :x . Which strut would be the best for performance or closes to the Koni. And I am assuming both KYB and GTShock are stiffer and better performing than the FE3 struts that came stock. Or is this not the case.

Or please help me find the Koni's :D :D :D :D

THX

Jason

RedZ

I,ve seen you site in the past and I always wondered how that handles with the tighter struts in the rear, do the ST springs in front balance it out. And how did you lower the rear on your 92 Z34.

RedZ

I,ve seen you site in the past and I always wondered how that handles with the tighter struts in the rear, do the ST springs in front balance it out. And how did you lower the rear on your 92 Z34.

My car handles great with my current setup. My koni's are all the way soft. and still are STIFF AS HELL! it is kind of a B*tch to adjust in our cars but they get VERY VERY stiff! the fronts with the lowering springs are stiff but no where near the stiff ness of the rear. still better then going KYB's in the rear tho. Along with the polly bushings and my Addco swaybar my car handles EXTREMELY WELL. i need a rear STB, I have the front allready. Aso for lowering the rear your best option (in my mind only option) is the FastFWDPerformance.com Coilovers. the mono leaf is a piece of junk. my rear leaf spring sags so much that with my front lowering springs (Suspention Techniques for 1995-99 monte carlo on JCWhitney.com) my sits about level. the rear is a TINY bit higher.. but looks good. I am soon ordering the rear coilover kit from FWD. more $$ because the koni's are larger round then the KYB (the koni's are same as stock, KYB's are smaller)

RedZ

• 5 months later...