Convertibles in pain!

ManicMechanic

OK guys I dont mind looking, but I need some education on these cars. I am new to W bodies as it its. DIS? Lipped tail lights? Reverse bar? I only saw one vert, but will look around. What years were the verts made so I can search? Any other cars that might have these parts?

OK guys I dont mind looking, but I need some education on these cars. I am new to W bodies as it its. DIS? Lipped tail lights? Reverse bar? I only saw one vert, but will look around. What years were the verts made so I can search? Any other cars that might have these parts?

As you can see by the pics of the red vert, the taillights are different and have a lip spoiler on them. Also the reverse bar is where the reverse lights are. It is one long piece. Anyways here is a few pics with the parts outlined aswell

Reverse bar and one of the tailights

Reversebar.jpg

Other tailight

LipTail.jpg

I would need the reversve bar from a car that had the lip tailights. If you could get them that would be great! Let me know prices aswell...

Thanks!

Kyle

i lost a cup sometime last summer cuz that metal piece broke and it fell out. ill go snap a pic.

nevermind, my camera is being stupid and wont work. basically, if the top is down and youre looking at the top of the windshield, its the metal piece (painted black like the a pillars on the outside) that has the cup on each side. i need the metal piece, and a cup if there is one, but thats not as important.

OK, I think I am clear. Here is the list in the order received for parts. I am not looking to make $ on this, but if I pull the parts I expect you guys to buy em.

STB - Manic Mechanic

Front window Switches - Manic Mechanic

DOB - Manic Mechanic

Lip tail lites - Bake82, Psychomatt second

Reverse Bar - Bake82

Door handle covers - Manic Mechanic

Top windshield trim W/cups - Psychomatt

I need these if anyone finds a convertible being parted that still has the doors.

You need the seat belts or the anchors?

Door handle covers. Both sides... and scratch the STB,

Those metal parts? Will look

I dont need the DIS anymore, but im sure someone would for that price. I also need the metal piece that goes on top of the windshield that has the two cups in it (and a cup too, if it has it)

OK, I visited the JY today and struck out. No STB, DIS, no lipped lights and the reverse bar was broken in the center section. The drivers door was gone so only one window switch, which I passed on. It did have the windshield piece that the top connects to and the little plastic cups, but I couldn't get it off. The damn screws for the visors wouldnt budge and I couldnt drill em out. Next time I go back if its still there I will give it another shot with some better bits and maybe some oil. I took some pics, but need to get them off my phone. Sorry guys.

Oh it was a 94 BTW. I took a pic of the vin and will post it when I get them downloaded.

alright, thanks! did it have the cups still at all? i just need one, but otherwise just that whole metal piece. Thanks man!

If you are talking the little plastic ones that the locator pins for the top go into, yes it had one and I think both. I may go back next week and see if I can drill the screws out with a better bit. Those suckers sure are hard. Can you pop the cups out without removing the top piece? I can just pocket it when I am there next.

OK, I visited the JY today and struck out. No STB, DIS, no lipped lights and the reverse bar was broken in the center section. The drivers door was gone so only one window switch, which I passed on. It did have the windshield piece that the top connects to and the little plastic cups, but I couldn't get it off. The damn screws for the visors wouldnt budge and I couldnt drill em out. Next time I go back if its still there I will give it another shot with some better bits and maybe some oil. I took some pics, but need to get them off my phone. Sorry guys.

Oh it was a 94 BTW. I took a pic of the vin and will post it when I get them downloaded.

Damn...that sucks....oh well.....Thanks for looking!