Welcome To The Newest Board! Goals for our Forum within: Please read.

Crazy K

I'm glad to see that the idea of a vert only forum came to a head, after-all. I wrote our fearless leader about a convertible related info thread, and low and behold... here we are today! Thank You Shawn! And thanks to the moderators who choose to allow us to try this new avenue of adventure!

THE OVERALL GOAL FOR THIS SECTION:

To provide a safe haven to gather and share as much information as possbile related to the cutlass supreme convertible, to enhance the web forum of W-body.com, and to assist those of us with convertible related issues and problems.

Please be aware that common items that are consistant with typical CS Coupes, CS's in general, or even W-bodys in general will still belong in the regular outside sections. Threads regarding what are really convertible specific topics only belong here. Threads in violation may be moved. I'll do my best to be nice about it, but thats to be part of the rules.

As soon as the interchange database is up, I will be posting know convertiable differences and similiarites in the first post(s) give me a day or so to start.... thus giving you a help out.

COMING SOON (if i get off my lazy behind!) I hope to stickie these btw.

create a vert introduce yourself thread: I notice more and more members with verts every day, I can't remember them all!

create a vert registry: for technical knowledge, so i can gather info about your car(s) in order toi enhance this site as well as common knowledge. I would love to have the info on everyone's SPID tag.

Year to year Options breakdown - self explanitory current knowledge to be posted soon, and further information from other sources to be added soon.

Interchange database: many vert parts are vert only... some can be fabricated from typical coupe parts, and some are the same car to car.

Yearly production figures. oh yeah... we need this too!

I welcome new ideas for "perma-threads", all others, well, post away as long as you follow the rules.

I already read one post asking why we can't have seperate forums for each type of W-body. I do like the idea, it would be great to have seperate forums to demarkate, celebrate, complain about, and provide common knowledge, but where will it end? The reason for the justification of this forum boils down to this, there are many differences between convertibles and any other W-body, differences significant enough that a seperate section would be helpful to those of with convertibles. yes, they are very different from ordinary coupes. Even if you do not own a convertible you are encouraged to join and read our threads.

Guest TurboSedan

WTF?!

This is stupid IMO. What's next a Z34 forum?

this post contributes nothing and was a little rude :confused:

the moderators have discussed adding this section (several times in the past even) and a deciscion was made that the ONLY W-bodies that are deserving of a separate section are the Turbo Grand Prixs and Cutlass Supreme Convertibles becuase the fact is they are different than other W-bodies in MANY ways. we don't think it's stupid; quite the opposite actually. so this new forum has been created. the only other W-body that could possibly be considered for its own section would be the '88 Cutlass Supreme Pace Car and obviously there are not enough (or any?) members here to support that.

and NO there will NOT be a Z34 section coming to the fourm anytime soon, sorry.

Nah, there's no bias against Luminas. The only thing unique to a Z34 is the body kit. I don't believe there is a single thing other than the body kit that you can't find on another W.

There's no point to debate because this section is already here. The mods have spoken, it's a done deal. Let's give Ken our support and congratulations.

WTF?!

This is stupid IMO. What's next a Z34 forum?

this post contributes nothing and was a little rude :confused:

the moderators have discussed adding this section (several times in the past even) and a deciscion was made that the ONLY W-bodies that are deserving of a separate section are the Turbo Grand Prixs and Cutlass Supreme Convertibles becuase the fact is they are different than other W-bodies in MANY ways. we don't think it's stupid; quite the opposite actually. so this new forum has been created. the only other W-body that could possibly be considered for its own section would be the '88 Cutlass Supreme Pace Car and obviously there are not enough (or any?) members here to support that.

and NO there will NOT be a Z34 section coming to the fourm anytime soon, sorry.

You took that way to hard, it was an opinion. Jesus.

BTW-Ken a mod!!!!

Guest TurboSedan
Let's give Ken our support and congratulations.

congrats Ken! maybe if you're ever out west (or after i move out east) i'll be able to meet up with you sometime.

I am happy for Ken because he is really knowledgable about convertibles (well anything w-body)

but this whole "Convertible forum" is a little overboard.

I'll leave it at that.

I am happy for Ken because he is really knowledgable about convertibles (well anything w-body)

I'll leave it at that.

How is it overboard? There are a ton of extra parts and little pieces of information about the convertible Cutlass Supreme. Why not have it in one place?

I'll leave it at that.

How is it overboard? There are a ton of extra parts and little pieces of information about the convertible Cutlass Supreme. Why not have it in one place?

thanks for your support john!

I would agree it would be a worthless section without Ken :biggrin:

No, it would be worthless if there wasn't a Cutlass Convertible. I was amazed that this forum DIDN'T have a CS vert section when I first found out about them. I'd daresay they've got a lot more parts that are unique to this car than the Turbo Grand Prix, at least body parts.

I am still pretty hesitant to say that they warrant a seperate section, I think that I am the only mod who feels that way....but at least it gives Ken somewhere to dump all of his information in an organized manner :lol:

Time will tell, but I think it's a good thing for us Cutty ragtop owners.

I believe the most rare unique part on these cars is the rear quarter weatherstrip rubber.

Ken, how'd you make out with that ICM? I found out that my top was manufactured by EZ Tops.

• 2 months later...

Time will tell, but I think it's a good thing for us Cutty ragtop owners.

I believe the most rare unique part on these cars is the rear quarter weatherstrip rubber.

Ken, how'd you make out with that ICM? I found out that my top was manufactured by EZ Tops.

so was my new top! the one 8 months in the install that i got from MILODS on e-bay.

not the ICM. the car probably needs new injectors. GRR broken for the winter :(

Son of a bitch!

A forum for just us 'vert owners. And I suggested this back in '05 when I joined and was shot down. :rolleyes:

Funny thing was my previous 'vert was another rare one, a 240SX and we had our own special little place on that board too. :cool:

So whats new? Anyone get Year One or another speciality automotive manufactuerer to make rear window seals yet?????? :question: