MacPherson Assembly? PLEASE HELP

JohnKoz

90 tgp ste Ok, now after disconnecting the control arm's ball joint, and the tierode end.. I grasp the rotor and attempt to turn the wheel manually, now this should be smooth, and its not.. its extremely tough to turn, with a grindy dry sound coming from up i nside the upper part of the whole assembly. Does anyone know what exactly would cause this? and i AM correct that the whole assembly should turn yes? anyway, any help any of you might have for this, since i apparently dont want to take apart everything if i dont have to necessarily.. thank you very very much

90 tgp ste Ok, now after disconnecting the control arm's ball joint, and the tierode end.. I grasp the rotor and attempt to turn the wheel manually, now this should be smooth, and its not.. its extremely tough to turn, with a grindy dry sound coming from up i nside the upper part of the whole assembly.

Ok...I will try to explain this without to much confusion! :wink: The strut has a bearing assembly (called a Spring Seat and Bearing) in between the spring and the strut. If this bearing gets worn out, it will make it difficult to turn the strut from left to right like the steering would turn it. This seat and bearing allows the strut assembly to turn without the spring moving. It is serviceable...but a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! 8)

i had a feeling that it should be pretty smooth. Workin on it tonite i discovered a leak in my steering lines as well.. filled it and it was smoother,, but still really tight, the strut assembly itself tho, disconnected apart from all else,, should turn easily as i thought tho you say? thanks alot man. Ya that will be a pain in the ass to change the bearings, but i have a mounting bolt on the left side that is sp inning freely so i have to change that out anyway, might as well do both.

While i got ppl's attention, it sux that its so hard to find quality performance suspension for this car, the kyb agx's, all of em.. im lookin for somethin sporty and have found a place that has the monroe reflex shocks.. wonderin what anyone might think about that

Man this cars got some probs..lol

While i got ppl's attention, it sux that its so hard to find quality performance suspension for this car, the kyb agx's, all of em.. im lookin for somethin sporty and have found a place that has the monroe reflex shocks.. wonderin what anyone might think about that

Man this cars got some probs..lol

KYB only makes the GR-2 for W-Body cars. I put KYB GR-2 shocks on my old TGP and loved them. Anything built by Monroe belongs on a 1970 Lincoln Town Car so it can float like a ship in the sea!! :lol: I suggest you go with the KYB GR-2's...you won't be disappointed!! 8)