Should I tint my tails (update, trial pics pg 2)

Psych0matt

wooha  

1 member has voted

1. 1. wooha

Thats why I got nightshades and did mine. But here, inspection states you gotta have them working. So during the day they are nice and dark, and at night, theres just the smallest hint of orange. Its not bad at all.

Looks good, just be careful because it isn't even the inspection states that are a problem. I had a friend do this to his tail lights, looked good but got him a serious ticket. The Ohio State Patrol decided that it was unsafe, ticketed him and made him tow the vehicle home. I do not know what the ticket was but I do know that the tint wasn't too dark by their gauge, so I guess they just decided it was unsafe.

i think for now im just going to wait and figure something out over the winter, i probably wont be driving it after this week or so. i need a spare set of fronts to try white, although Im going to go translucent and see if it works

Ya looks good....now throw some of that spray my way....... :burnout:

wal mart FTW! Ive used the Krylon crystal color with good results. I'm just a little wary about the taillights, since those are a lot more involved in safety than turn signals. thats why i waited til I got that other tail from you to screw with my broken one like that.

Meh. Too dull lookin'. Maybe some clear on it to shine it up? I want to do mine, but will wait till spring, if I even do them.

well that's just my cracked one that i threw on to try out, it would need to be polished up a lot more, but im not going to spend all the time doing one that's just a visual aid. once the drill charges back up im going to polish it up and see, it has 2 coats of clear on, i just didnt wetsand it as much as i should have

Meh. Too dull lookin'. Maybe some clear on it to shine it up? I want to do mine, but will wait till spring, if I even do them.

well that's just my cracked one that i threw on to try out, it would need to be polished up a lot more, but im not going to spend all the time doing one that's just a visual aid. once the drill charges back up im going to polish it up and see, it has 2 coats of clear on, i just didnt wetsand it as much as i should have

Right. Oh. Orly? Well, in that case...do it!