Should I tint my tails (update, trial pics pg 2)

Psych0matt

wooha  

1 member has voted

1. 1. wooha

I got my good tail in the mail today and put it on, and put 5 coats of tint on the cracked one, and Ill sand and polish tomorrow to get an idea of how much work it is and if it'll look okay, but if it does, what do you guys think?

edit: you guys should give me a little convincing either way, 3 votes and no comments? :lol:

Davis' car (for those of you who remember him). this will give you kind of an idea, although i obviously have no rack and have a lip. (oh, and my light bar is white, not black. should I maybe grab a black one if i tint them and see how it looks?)

40455313.jpg

i was thinking about somehow masking the olds logo in the center, so that there would be a red olds logo on a black tail. opinions on that? (if i could even make it work)

That would look cool... I was thinking about masking something on mine when I did them... ultimately decided it wasn't the look I was going for though...

Could always try it on the spare and see how you like it!

Jamie

i was thinking about somehow masking the olds logo in the center, so that there would be a red olds logo on a black tail. opinions on that? (if i could even make it work)

Only if you mask just the original Olds logo. If you use spray tint to make giant Olds logos on your tails... that's freakin' ugly.

Only if you mask just the original Olds logo. If you use spray tint to make giant Olds logos on your tails... that's freakin' ugly.

:lol: no, not that, just the logo thats already on it, like a 1"x2" rectangle, or somewhere in that range

like badassoldspower did?

IM000008.jpg

I heard you say that and badassoldspower came to mind. At first he got so much shit for that, but it grew on people. I say go for it, very sexy. :mrgreen:

BTW what happened to him? He just dissapeared.... :confused:

nah, not doing them like Kenny's. He imed me a few weeks ago wanting to get rid of some parts, i used to talk to him online all the time until he was considering an F body. since then I havent heard much

hmmm. i want to do something different. I agree with Matt about contrast, except he has a black car, so with everything tinted it blends in, as opposed to tinting them on a white car I guess. I'm still undecided, but I pretty much don't want to keep them plain red in the long run. we'll see, i wanted to do white or clear fronts, so maybe ill wait til i try that

Matt, how long have I told you to to paint your side turn signals white..

Heres what I would do.

-Front side turn signals painted white (remove bulbs)

-Leave the tailights red and paint a white olds logo in the center of them maybe 4x2 inches

-leave the reverse bar alone

The corners have to have a bulb in there, or else the directionals wont work. So thats needed. He can always get a white tint put on them with a colored bulb so that it would stand out.

yeh but I go for that classy black out look (classy as in I am not the guy who nightshades every damn blinker and light on the car)

so the onrage side markers were not cutting it