glo gauges

97CuttySupSL

We use the GP gauges because they have orange needles instead of the white ones the Cutty's have. The gauges are white during the day so obviously white on white doesnt show up.

as far as the grand am gauges...they won;t work

well the problem is all the junk yards in my area dont have the gp cluster for a floorshifter..they all got the r n d 2 3 on it..so i was think..i pulled the needles today from gp cluster to put on my cutlass one..does anybody kno wat light dont lign up...would it be sumthin stupid like the hott light or sumthin like that

ive seen a few gauges fs on the internet..how do i chagne the odometer on the gp cluster to go into my cuttlass

The odometer is integrated into the speedo. Pull the needle off of the speedo and it unbolts from the back side.

The new gauge overlay will cover up the PRNDL indicator, so it really doesn't matter if you buy a cluster from a column-shifted GP...

Buy a cluster with lower mileage than your car, remove the stepper motor from the odometer and spin the odo forward with a tiny DC-powered motor.

You're in luck, I found some pics I snapped of the GP cluster I have yet to put in my Regal when I had it apart to roll the odometer forward:

gpcluster3.jpg

The motor with the "2" stamped on it is the odometer's stepper motor:

gpcluster4.jpg

With said motor removed:

gpcluster5.jpg

You can see the little black gear exposed in the above pic after the motor was removed. I rigged up a tiny DC motor with a gear on the end to spin that gear and the odometer spun forward. Like I said, try to find a cluster that has less mileage on the odometer than your car has and you'll be golden. It's impossible to spin the odometer backwards without breaking it...