• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• black_97_ls

• Cam'ron

• FordBoy

• RJansen658

My brother took it up to 110 (governor)a couple times.

Personally I have gone about 103......while video taping :leaving:

Felt pretty steady though, otherwise I wouldn't have been filming. No more of that

My dad has buried the speedo numerous times in his old Geo Tracker. Itw as a fun car. 5 spd, light, and dare I say quickish. Too bad my brother wrecked it. We've hit 110 in the Caravan, and 100 in a rental Cavalier. My god.

took my 91 euro up to about 115. and promptly had to grind the brakes..... spotted a cop. he didn't get a reading.... thank god.

took my 88 saab 9000 turbo to about 120.

I took my 75 buick electra and buried the needle.... which was about 125mph @<5 miles to the gallon :leaving:

I took my 69 buick lesabre up to about 40mph... about as fast as it's ringless engine could go. someone stopped me and told me my car was smoking BAD.

I took the uhaul I drove last week to a max speed limited by the intergrity of it's worn out suspension of 38 mph (105k on the truck and drifted like crazy.... scary as hell)

I topped out my old 91 Z34 once, racing my buddy in his 91 Acura legend 5-speed.

My Gp has only seen 100. Im not gonna try any faster til i replace the cheapy tires i got on the front right now.

I did 110 on my ninja a while ago, still had 6th gear to go. :smile: But over 100 on a old bike is scary! :sad:

Guest TurboSedan

this is like the millionth time this subject has come up :lol:

Cutlass topped out at 117mph before the limiter - back before it was turbo'd. i did that with both the auto and 5-speed. since i've turbo'd it i don't think i've gone past 105mph or so.

i've had the GTS up to 117mph as well but it wasn't limited there...i just wanted to see if i could match what the Cutlass did.

Regal - i don't think i've had it over 100mph yet....and don't plan to unless i'm at a track (and after some mods of course). same goes for the Cutlass.

I also took our 2000 metro to est.110mph( mabie lower). The speedo hits 85mph i was a 1in-1 1/2in buried. That little fuker moves but it shakes like hellabove 80mph. :lol:

Then theres our jeep only done 90mph in the 1996 cherokee lerado.

My cutty ive hit the 114mph so many times its unbeleivable. Plus airborn. :lol:

I had my Lumina up to 180km/h, But my brother was driving, so I guess it doesn't really count.

When I had my old 85 Parisienne wagon, I would take it up to 205km/h once in a while. I could have gone faster, but the tires that were on it were worn, and weren't rated for those speeds,(S-rated for 180km/h) so I usually let off. It actually felt fairly smooth at that speed... alot smother than my 98 Firefly feels at 110 km/h.

the gp i dont remember if i took it up to fuel cutout. now i dont have any fuel cutout cuz of my dhp powrtuner...yay! but i only took it to 120 cuz i ran out of room and i dont like to do that.

the riv ive had to the fuel cutout and then above the speedo when i tuned it (only goes to 120)

the camaro only goes to 85, lol, but ive wrapped it around again to above 0, but with the 4.10 gears i dont think itll do much past 110 cuz i had some crazy 3100 lumina run me down cuz i didnt wanna push it any further, lol.

ive had the cobalt to 120. it was about to redline 4th gear and i didnt wanna go any faster, so i let off. had a lot left (power and another gear). supposedly, theyll do 145 "out of the box"

all of this on the track, of course

i had my 92 gp up to 120 here in centeral fla were the road is pretty strait and the 120 run was on tires that were like slicks before i changed them but as far as i know the car didnt hit fuel cut the 120 mark came in 4th at 3 k rpm and still pulling like a beast had plenty more power if the stock suspision was better and better tires i would find out what this car can do and as far as i know the thing hasn't been chipped but the pcm was replaced so i dunno and in netural i can free rev all the way to the real red line not the limiter

I got my Beretta up to 82, but that's it. I ran out of road and kept thinking what a large fireball my car would become on that road if I make the slightest mistake at that speed.

Despite the FE1, my car felt quite smooth doing almost 85.

The highest I've ever ridden in was about 115 in my grandma's old 93 Chrysler New Yorker. That thing FLIED. My uncle was driving, and I just happened to look over to change the radio and notice he was doing just over 115. Otherwise I'd have never known.

That same uncle also took a Pontiac 6000 base with the 2.8 up to 105 or so.

Then my mom took her 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 to 98. It had plenty of gear and power left, and I've read that those damn things top out at 125 or so. That was the fastest 4x4 I'd ever been around.

We have a lot of leadfoots in my family. :lol:

1991 GP STE - can't tell exactly but the actual rev-limiter in drive (6000 rpm)

1990 GP LE - 117mph

1996 Mitsubish Gallant - 137mph

1996 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - 160ish (wasn't really paying attention to the

spedo)

2004 Suzuki Hybusa Turbo- 180+ (scarier then shit at that speed and I didn't want to look at how fast I was going)