Help with the compass/console computer in a 90/91 Grand Prix

AxlCrucifix

Hey guys, im looking for help with the console/compass computer that is an option in the 90/91 Grand Prix's. I need to know how to calibrate it, but I have no owners manual to tell me how to do so. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

To set the compass, you press "Set" then drive the car in 3 complete circles or until CALIB goes away. Then, point the car at true north and press "North".

Quote From Digital Outsider

I always turn left when I do it. Go slow enough so the car doesn't lean much, I keep it at a creaping pace.

Here's a real shitty pic of my DIC:

dic.jpg

The CAL and NORTH buttons are in the lower left corner.

my compass is WAY bigger then that

in the same space, but its got teh compass and other stuff included on it such as buttons for caluclating fuel economy and a text readout of things that need to be done and how much longer until they need to be done, like it will tell you how many more km until you need to roate your tired, or how many km left until you need new oil, and pretty much for everything that needs regular maitenance

picture not to scale :lol:

hahaha i know :biggrin:

but mine is actually bigger

like, bigger buttons, bigger screen and stuff

Yeah, you have the other kind of Driver Info Center. The screen size is actually the same. The procedure should be outlined in your owner's manual.

picture not to scale :lol:

hahaha i know :biggrin:

but mine is actually bigger

like, bigger buttons, bigger screen and stuff

Yeah, you have the other kind of Driver Info Center. The screen size is actually the same. The procedure should be outlined in your owner's manual.

only problem is that when i bought this car, I didnt get an owners manual :cry: :cry:

I'm 16, havent been around long enough to know where I would get the hookups for an owners manual for an older car :razz: