Grand Prix STB

GrandAmSE

Weird, after looking on Ebay, I don't see a bar on ANY newer Impalas, including a police package:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WHITE-9C1-PKG-CASSETTE-LOADED-89K-MILES-ON-SALE_W0QQitemZ140039128189QQihZ004QQcategoryZ6169QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

However, every 3.8 equipped 2002 Impala has a bar in it.

I think it's gonna be hit or miss, 2002's seem to have them, 2005s don't, I'm not sure where the dividing line is.

EDIT:

With a little more research on Ebay Motors, I can deduct that ALL Impalas from 2001-2003 have the bar, However I saw no Impalas 2004-2005 with the bar, including police cars.

Oh and BTW, they sell the 2 bar kit becuase the kit is for 97+ GP's. The 2 bars are the same, 1 is meant for the front and 1 for the back. However that bar won't work in the back for any of us, we need Awebb's stuff to make one back there.

My front works one works well, just drilled holes in the strut plates and put the stuff through there. I was going to put 3 washers on each bolt for the plate so the plate didn't get bent when you torque it back down, but it looked funny and looked like it may let crap get trapped on top of the strut mount so I only used 1 washer on each bolt so it didn't bend as much.

Sorry no pics i'll try to get ahold of some though... I don't have a camera lol (well a webcam but it's crappy and coulden't get a pic of my car with it). Always spending money on parts and not other things.

I think I was sent the Late Model brackets by mistake. If my calculations in my noggin are correct, installing Late brackets on an Early car would make the bar about 1/2 inch to 1 inch too long.

Correct?