Grand Prix STB

GrandAmSE

gingerkid?

:lol: I remember that episode. Good times, good times....

Ok, so I know that the best idea for the STB would get to get one from a yard, but I always thought that the ones for the 2nd Gens would bolt in with some minor modification?

I had the buick F bar with the zzp no drill brackets and it suked.

Try and fine a 3.4 DOHC Convertible STB because not only do they look the best but it made my car feel like a rock.

I had the buick F bar with the zzp no drill brackets and it suked.

what didn't you like about it?

but yeah +1 for the cutlass STB

I have no idea what he is talking about.....but i liked my F-bar.....I just now have a Cutty vert bar because i got it for $5 and was able to PC it white.....woot.

I just ordered my brackets from ZZP and I'll get the F-bar coming sometime soon.

It's all part of my "better handling initiative"

Addco rear sway bar

Aweb rear STB

Front STB are all on their way

i sold my vert bar and put the buick bar in. if for nothing else it looks a hell of a lot better i think

How does the Buick stb work? I'm assuming the Regals have it? What did you need to do to get it to work? I only thought cutty verts would work. :confused?:

If this does work, I hope its less rare than the cutty's stb.

you can get the F-bar from GMPartsdirect.com

They came stock on some buicks.....but they also work on w's too.

Oh cool. But what buicks had them? I might go look at my wreckers. And if anyone has pics of it, that would be awesome!!!

OK, I did some research and found these 2 numbers: GM PART # 12498648 & GM PART # 12456148. Do I need both of these or just one?

GM PART # 12456148

CATEGORY: All

PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $36.77

OUR PRICE: $21.80

DESCRIPTION: STRUT BAR KIT(ONE BAR KIT ONLY)

For use on 1999 - 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo; 2000 - 2002 Chevrolet Impala; 1997 - 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. These are production Buick strut tower braces designed to minimize body flex. The kit includes ONE strut tower braces, hardware. (THE HIGH PERFORMANCE CATALOG IS INCORRECT) If you want the kit that includes two of these braces it is part number 12498648

GM PART # 12498648

CATEGORY: All

PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00

GM LIST: $27.88

OUR PRICE: $20.29

DESCRIPTION: STRUT TOWER BRACE KIT

For use on 1999 - 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo; 2000 - 2002 Chevrolet Impala; 1997 - 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. These are production Buick strut tower braces designed to minimize body flex. The kit includes two strut tower braces, hardware, and installation instructions. The part number for one strut tower brace only is 12456148.

i dunno what that 2 bar thing is all about....you only need 1. as far as finding one on a wreck its prob easier for you to just order it. its cheap and will be in perfect condition heres what it looks like in mine:

DSC00206.jpg

i also have the zzp brackets, you can read about the mixed reviews on these....

i dunno what that 2 bar thing is all about....you only need 1. as far as finding one on a wreck its prob easier for you to just order it. its cheap and will be in perfect condition heres what it looks like in mine:

DSC00206.jpg

i also have the zzp brackets, you can read about the mixed reviews on these....

That looks really nice. So if I got the bar from there, I would need the brackets?

look on 99+ Regal GS's for the STB. You cal also look on 00+ Impala's with the police package.

Thank you!

I think more of the Impalas got them than just the police package cars, maybe all of the 3.8 cars got them? I know I've seen them on Impalas, but have never knowingly worked on a police package car.

If you do decide to get a salvage yard one, keep in mind when you are at the check out counter than a BRAND NEW bar is only $20 some bucks, don't get ripped off.