1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme Tranny cooler lines

Raydee

Both my tranny cooler lines are leaking on my Cutlass. I think I found the lines online at autozone for $43 for the upper and lower lines. This looks like a simple job even though I suck at mechanics. What is involved in changing the two lines?

You can cut off the rusty areas and replace it with rubber hose and clamps. Did that on my dad's Lumina van, and the tranny oil cooler kit I got came with hose. Don't worry about it melting... it can take extreme heat!!

Mine are both leaking right where they are clamped together at the frame. I didn't realize I could just cut the tubing and replace it with hose. I am sure its not the right way but it will get me by for now.

Thanks for the replies!

You can go overboard and replace the damaged sections with hydraulic hose but I just bought the actual lines and installed them myself. The top bolts on the trans cooler are a bitch.

Ive found the clamps that GM uses for the hoses suck. Ive had to replace just about all of them with better clamps before I got the lines to stop leaking. That was about 2 years ago and I havent had a problem since.