New HU time :)

Puggsley456

The time has come for my Kenwood KDC-X859 to move on after 4 faithfull years. :sad:

KDC-X859.jpg

But a new unit has come foward to fill its impressive shoes.....the pioneer DEH-7800MP

images_products_pics_deh-p7800.jpg

I cant wait til tommorrow to see it in action! It will be my first time using a Pionner HU.

Thats a nice looking HU. When I was in the market for one a little over a year ago I looked at the earlier model of that one. I didnt like the one big button (more like a joystick) that controled everything. It felt cheap and unintuitive. I love my Eclipse HU.

I was just thinking about getting the JVC 3.5" DVD player. Im in the market too.

I looked at those too. Not bas units. But I felt if i wanted to watch a screen that small I'd just go and buy a video ipod..lol.

I was just thinking about getting the JVC 3.5" DVD player. Im in the market too.

I looked at those too. Not bas units. But I felt if i wanted to watch a screen that small I'd just go and buy a video ipod..lol.

Good choice. They're much more practical and versatile than an in-dash DVD IMHO.

Nice choice! Do you plan on adding any of the "peripherals" (sat radio, iPod interface, etc) to it?

Probably not. i dont actually own a ipod, And the sound quality of sat radio makes my ears bleed...lol

That looks nice! I wanted to get that one for my wife's car, but restricted myself to a $200 budget so I got the Premier 680MP instead. I think you will like it a lot, my wife loves hers.

I actually have the JVC single DIN 3.5" DVD player (KD-AVX2)... had it in my truck and took it out when I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC-D1. The JVC is pretty nice. The DVD player... well, I've always thought a DVD player in a car is rather useless. The big screen looks cool though, and it will play MP3's burned on DVD's. I ended up buying the iPod interface making that feature unnecessary though. Although not very practical, I think the most cool use of that LCD was making it into a mini navigation screen.

That looks nice! I wanted to get that one for my wife's car, but restricted myself to a $200 budget so I got the Premier 680MP instead. I think you will like it a lot, my wife loves hers.

I actually have the JVC single DIN 3.5" DVD player (KD-AVX2)... had it in my truck and took it out when I replaced it with a Pioneer AVIC-D1. The JVC is pretty nice. The DVD player... well, I've always thought a DVD player in a car is rather useless. The big screen looks cool though, and it will play MP3's burned on DVD's. I ended up buying the iPod interface making that feature unnecessary though. Although not very practical, I think the most cool use of that LCD was making it into a mini navigation screen.

So, you don't have the JVC hooked up right now?? :cool:

Let me know how you like that Pioneer. Im thinking about getting one of the new ones with their now 5v preouts. But I love the one I have now and dont really wanna have to re-learn all the features. But either way good choice! Ill never go with anything else for HU's

Well I've only had an hour with it so far. But MY GOD....its more complex than my old Kenwood. I havt to research how all these options work. LOL.

My main problem is figuring out how to kill the damn beep every time you turn the volume up. Cant find it anywhere yet. :rolleyes:

Mine does the same thing. I think ( if its anything like the old ones ) if you turn the HU off, not the car, and push the rototary control in until all that jazz comes up, schroll through there and I think its in there. I just turn mine up loud enough then I dont hear it anymore :lol:

Mine does the same thing. I think ( if its anything like the old ones ) if you turn the HU off, not the car, and push the rototary control in until all that jazz comes up, schroll through there and I think its in there. I just turn mine up loud enough then I dont hear it anymore :lol:

Yep, thats pretty much how you do it. With the HU in the standby mode, hold in the select button, and menu's will come up. Scroll through until you get to the beep option, then turn it off.

Basically, if anyone has questions on how to do stuff on there HU's, ask me. I install and sell enough of these damn things daily to know how they function.

Its not in the menu when the deck is off. The installer couldnt even find it. I turned the deck off and held in the multi-controll(big button)

Its not even mentioned in the bloody manual! :mad:

After a couple days of tinkerin I've come to the conclusion that this deck is frickin amazing! The improvemet in clarity is significant. And the 16 band eq means that there are no frequencies that get left out anymore. I was parked next to a co worker today with my windows up playin some good old CCR at a respectably high volume at 8 in the morning. And he claimed that my highs were resonating his door panels..lol

This deck actually makes me want to go and buy CD's. As that is where it truelly shines.

After a couple days of tinkerin I've come to the conclusion that this deck is frickin amazing! The improvemet in clarity is significant. And the 16 band eq means that there are no frequencies that get left out anymore. I was parked next to a co worker today with my windows up playin some good old CCR at a respectably high volume at 8 in the morning. And he claimed that my highs were resonating his door panels..lol

This deck actually makes me want to go and buy CD's. As that is where it truelly shines.

After hearing this, I have decided I need a new Pioneer HU :lol:

Mines good, but its not that good.