Whats going on with my HU?

19Cutlass94

Today when I was driving into school, I noticed that my faceplate on my HU just was randomly turning on and off. It would stay off then turn on for like a second then turn off again for about 10 sec. Meanwhile, the cd kept playing and nothing else was abnormal. Just the faceplate. In the meantime I couldnt change the track the volume or anything. Do you think the contacts on the faceplate are/were dirty, or maybe something internal?

Thats what I was kinda thinking too, but since it happened several times, and not all in a row, I was like WTF mate?!?!

But Ill try cleaning them tomorrow and see what happens

always look and make sure there is no lint or a strand of down on there.

I had a sony walmart deck fry out completely on my just from a piece of down 1 strand thick. it just layed perfect across all the copper pins and that was it. had to pry it open to get my cd out. :sad:

I am having a similar issue with my kenwood. Thank god! its off warranty next month. And I am just itchin for a reason to go pick up the new pioneer i want.....mmmmm....7800mp....

I get that once in awhile if I push too hard on my face.

LOL^ :lol:

I was just going to post about this problem on my Kenwood KDC-MP425... but a simple eraser trick won't quick work on mine (and of course this is the single electronic device that I bought from Best Buy that I DIDN'T get the extended warrenty on...).

anyway. I was wondering anyone knew where I could order a new socket for the deck-side? I'm just gonna replace it if I can, my pins are bent and all sorts of bad things. Going to have to make some a cushion that doesn't really allow the face plate to move when hitting the buttons..